Great Time In The Villages Planning Our Future

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2020, 02:10 PM
Default Great Time In The Villages Planning Our Future

My wife and I just spent a week in The Villages. What a great time we had! It was a neighborhood hunting trip. Trying the to find the right place for ourselves. Definitely narrowed it down to 3 or 4 places.

We met some very nice people at breakfast one day that shared their views about living here. Another couple we met playing golf and later had dinner with. Everyone we met were very inviting and happy to be living in TV.

The squares were fantastic for the music and people watching. All the people we saw were having a great time and enjoying being out and about with other people!

We just wanted to share our experience since it was such a great trip! Can't wait to move here and begin the next chapter!

Cheers!
Old 10-22-2020, 02:17 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Old 10-22-2020, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfisher1969 View Post
My wife and I just spent a week in The Villages. What a great time we had! It was a neighborhood hunting trip. Trying the to find the right place for ourselves. Definitely narrowed it down to 3 or 4 places.

We met some very nice people at breakfast one day that shared their views about living here. Another couple we met playing golf and later had dinner with. Everyone we met were very inviting and happy to be living in TV.

The squares were fantastic for the music and people watching. All the people we saw were having a great time and enjoying being out and about with other people!

We just wanted to share our experience since it was such a great trip! Can't wait to move here and begin the next chapter!

Cheers!
We had a very nice time with you guys and happy to share our experiences.

Best of luck and let us know if we can help.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We had a very nice time with you guys and happy to share our experiences.

Best of luck and let us know if we can help.
Thanks Stu!
Old 10-22-2020, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts
Default Which is why

on day 4 of our first time ever being here, we bought a lot! and it didn't hurt that it was winter time back home in New England.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfisher1969 View Post
Cheers!
The best is yet to come!
Old 10-25-2020, 06:20 AM

My husband and I had a similar experience as you and your wife this past August which was our first visit to TV after a number of years of online exploring. We had a great TV agent Machele Seiver who went out of her way to arrange for anything we wanted to see and do, so we explored much of the community with her. We also spent some time venturing outside the community and visited Mt. Dora, Ocala, and a few other surrounding towns since we had never visited this area of central Florida previously. And we were pleasantly surprised by not only how much we liked what see saw in TV, but also very much liked that natural beauty we saw outside the community.

We are +/- a year from making the move as we have a home to sell in R.I. and are in the process of doing the necessary repairs that need to be done before we put it up for sale, along with me having yet to retire. Fortunately for me, I just hit my 20 year mark of Federal/VA R.N. service and I also have the age requirement to be eligible for an immediate retirement so it is nice to know I can go tomorrow if need be and take my health insurance with me which is very important since I am not yet age eligible for Medicare. My husband is already > 65 and on Medicare along with he is a disabled Vet and now gets most of his care at the VA which is a plus for him that TV has a VA CBOC right in the community.

Wishing you the best starting the new chapter of your lives in TV, and hopefully we too will be doing the same in the not too distant future.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, great, met, time, living

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.