Which is greater – the anticipation or the reality?

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
We've been here full time for one year now, and Pooh hit it square on the nose. It took about 11 months for me to feel like this is my "home" instead of a vacation spot.

The reality is much better than the anticipation. This is a fantastic place to live. And the best part is that mostly everyone is retired and in a good mood, ready for fun, and enjoying life.

Every morning I wake up joyful and anticipating the day.
That is so nice to hear that everyone in TV is "in a good mood, ready for fun and enjoying life"...my engineering company has been very busy for the past 5months, and I've worked OT every week except one since January 1. By Friday at 5:00 p.m. I'm pretty burned out. I know I'm lucky to have a job, but retirement could not come too soon for me. Believe me, reading TOTV shows me there is a light at the end of the tunnel (a very long tunnel for me).
Old 04-22-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
To answer the question, the REALITY far exceeds the anticipation!

...Can you tell, I love this place!
Loud and clear!!! Although the original question was to "frogs", I can tell you from our 7 visits, that each week we have been down is a "sample of reality" because we have a resident pass and can enjoy a little of what life at TV is like. Learning as much as we can now, keeps expectations from being too unrealistic. We know our future home isn't totally perfect, but we also know there is no other place we want to be. PERIOD!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:46 PM

The anticipation is GREAT!! We close on May 9th! I'm sure the reality will be ever better!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Platinum member

It's a great question. TOTV played a big role in the anticipation for me so it was very high. The reality is even better. Almost three years and I like it more each day. I still feel that I'm always missing something- especially when I'm out of the Bubble for work.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.