Green fees increase for Month of May

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2021, 06:53 AM

I can't believe how much money we have, to be taken from us.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:08 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabacon6669 View Post
This is terrible, greed at work. Who decides this? This will turn many people off to golf. And, will turn many to the Executive courses which are already over booked and taking a beating. I for one love golf, and play 3 times per week. I am a priority member. Thats roughly $700, plus 150 x $47 = $7050 + the $700 = 7750. granted you save a little in the summer, but not that much. Then how about your monthly amenities fee which has to include something for the executive courses. I don't play the executive courses but still pay. I bet a good $100 of that fee goes to support the executives. And I'm saving on trail fees, but you have to figure in the fact you bought a golf cart, so pro-rate some of that. Ouch. So, I figure, I must be paying around 9K for golf here. Someone is just trying to drain you. I could join a lot of privates for far less than that. I might think about that.
You look like a Newbie................when did you move to TV & how much has rates gone up??
Old 04-24-2021, 07:26 AM

I think we have to be careful to keep being thankful for what we have here in TV .... going off site makes sense ..... and yet if TV feels there is so much demand as to warrant the increase then that's just capitalism. Free country.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

The older things get the sooner they need more maintenance. Hope TV doesn’t start charging for the Executive Courses!
Old 04-24-2021, 07:51 AM

T
Inflation.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
I hope you complained just as loudly last Fall when the less expensive Summer rates continued instead of the more expensive Fall Rates....
Do the Math...It was an overall price increase
Old 04-24-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
You look like a Newbie................when did you move to TV & how much has rates gone up??
I
I have been coming here since 2001
Bought in 2006
Old 04-24-2021, 07:59 AM
Gold member

I have always been of the opinion that the convenience of playing golf at the championship courses was worth some extra cost, so I've played them twice a week for the nine years I've been here. And I've been reasonably happy to do so. Now, I'm not so sure. My priority membership is up for renewal in July, so I have a decision to make. The OP is correct that the rates have been going up substantially over the past couple of years, and I believe that several of the golf courses are in disgraceful condition. In the end I'll probably bite the bullet and keep playing in The Villages. But I don't like it, and believe the third generation is showing its greed in a misplaced way. Some people will stop supporting them, and whether it affects their business is anyone's guess.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:14 AM

That’s crazy
Old 04-24-2021, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
I hope you complained just as loudly last Fall when the less expensive Summer rates continued instead of the more expensive Fall Rates....
You are twisting what actually happened last year. They combined the summer and fall season into one, resulting in higher summer rates and slightly lower fall rates. They also eliminated the unlimited play after 1:00 that previously existed. Then this year, for the first time, they included May as a very high priced winter month. Who only knows what unpleasant surprises will be coming our way when the new rates are released sometime in the next month?
Old 04-24-2021, 08:21 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by forebubba View Post
I
I have been coming here since 2001
Bought in 2006
Good 4 U, but I didn't ask.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forebubba View Post
Summer season greens fees used to be May 1 till October 15th
Then it went from May 1 till September 30
Then they combined Summer and Fall raising the summer rate and lowering the fall rate. An increase but not real bad.
Yes costs go up
Now the winter season rate will continue until June 1
Green fees for May compared to last year will be $20 to $30 higher in the afternoon wave (priority and resident)
Green fees for May compared to last year will be $13 to $22 higher in the morning wave.
As a priority member I will not play the championship courses in May. playing twice a week that is a $160 increase.
I will play the execs and venture outside the Villages.
What is next, Winter season starts November this year too?

Example: World Woods, rated on the top 10 in Florida is $35 including lunch in May.
A 4 some will save $68 which will pay for gas
My choice yes, My protest.
I agree, but get use to it. The know they have a captive audience that will not venture far. Would not mind it if they put money back into the courses but that does mot happen often. They never roll the greens, there is more sand in the traps than there is at the beach and little grass on the fairways if anyone during winter. The golf courses here are average at best and the rates are high. At certain times of the year there are much better deals and better conditions outside The Villages. It all about greed.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

It seems that golf is a lower priority for the ownership team as shown by how many fewer courses they include in the newer areas. Once they decide that golf is not an essential ingredient in home sales and marketing shows no need to have championship courses to continue positive cash flow...

If you owned say a couple hundred holes of high maintenance grass that could be replaced with several thousand houses for sale.. hmm. Perhaps the poor conditions and increased costs are part of a nefarious plan to make the courses expendable. Win for you golfers who find the off site options better, and win for the Morse family who get to stop taking care of grass and sell more houses.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
Thanks for the World Woods tip, it's only another 20 minutes farther than Nancy Lopez for us living down south. It looks spectacular and is a lot cheaper too!
Try Juliette Falls in Dunellen. Excellent condition, cheaper than TV.
Or Citrus Hills or Skyview. Excellent condition, cheaper than TV. Or Red Tail by Eustis. Or even Harbor Hills, 5 miles or so east of 466/27 intersection . Cheaper and usually in better shape. Or Deer Island Tavares. Or any of the Ocala courses. Not all are cheaper, but all are in better shape.

Villagers are not getting good value for their golf dollar.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
It seems that golf is a lower priority for the ownership team as shown by how many fewer courses they include in the newer areas. Once they decide that golf is not an essential ingredient in home sales and marketing shows no need to have championship courses to continue positive cash flow...

If you owned say a couple hundred holes of high maintenance grass that could be replaced with several thousand houses for sale.. hmm. Perhaps the poor conditions and increased costs are part of a nefarious plan to make the courses expendable. Win for you golfers who find the off site options better, and win for the Morse family who get to stop taking care of grass and sell more houses.
The golf courses are designed as emergency flood plains, so they are seemingly protected from development. That does not mean they couldn’t be converted into some other form of recreational activities, but not homesites. The clubhouses on the other hand have been proven to be fair game. Who knows, some day whenever one pulls up to a Championship course, they could be greeted by a high rise rental apartment complex and the pro shop is nothing but a starter shack?
Closed Thread

Tags
fees, year, rate, green, increase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.