Green fees increase for Month of May

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
It seems that golf is a lower priority for the ownership team as shown by how many fewer courses they include in the newer areas. Once they decide that golf is not an essential ingredient in home sales and marketing shows no need to have championship courses to continue positive cash flow...

If you owned say a couple hundred holes of high maintenance grass that could be replaced with several thousand houses for sale.. hmm. Perhaps the poor conditions and increased costs are part of a nefarious plan to make the courses expendable. Win for you golfers who find the off site options better, and win for the Morse family who get to stop taking care of grass and sell more houses.
Bingo!

There are plenty of access points to make streets and entire new neighborhoods where the country clubs are located.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokomo View Post
Try Juliette Falls in Dunellen. Excellent condition, cheaper than TV.
Or Citrus Hills or Skyview. Excellent condition, cheaper than TV. Or Red Tail by Eustis. Or even Harbor Hills, 5 miles or so east of 466/27 intersection . Cheaper and usually in better shape. Or Deer Island Tavares. Or any of the Ocala courses. Not all are cheaper, but all are in better shape.

Villagers are not getting good value for their golf dollar.
Do all of the off campus courses you referenced take T-Times? My wife and I ventured outside the bubble to play at Baseline in Ocala, but they don’t take T-Times. We won’t be returning there as there was about an hour and 45 minute wait.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:18 AM

Stop telling people. My husband will have a harder time getting tee times for his group. 😁😁.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:01 AM

I live on a city owned course in Denver, green fees are $65 during the week and $75 on the weekend... I'm thrilled when I can come to the Villages in the winter and save money on some great golf courses.... Go to Scottsdale in the winter, you'll be paying $100+

If the tee times in TV are 80-90% capacity, they are charging just the right amount. 100% all the time, economics (supply and demand) say raise the rates, 50% capacity, lower the rates... do you think these people that run this place are idiots???
Old 04-24-2021, 11:25 AM

Is that leaving the heat on JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN. give us all a break!!
Old 04-24-2021, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsapen@mindspring.com View Post
I live on a city owned course in Denver, green fees are $65 during the week and $75 on the weekend... I'm thrilled when I can come to the Villages in the winter and save money on some great golf courses.... Go to Scottsdale in the winter, you'll be paying $100+

If the tee times in TV are 80-90% capacity, they are charging just the right amount. 100% all the time, economics (supply and demand) say raise the rates, 50% capacity, lower the rates... do you think these people that run this place are idiots???
You are absolutely correct, supply and demand dictates the ability to charge a higher rate. The people that run this place have purposely created a favorable supply and demand situation to support price increases by building a crapload of new houses since Belle Glade opened (the last Championship course to open), without adding a single new hole of Championship golf. Where we live during the summer, it is a different dynamic because the population of old retired people is small relative to the general population. We can play really nice courses during weekdays, with the senior citizen discount, for between $28 - $42 with a cart. The only hitch is you have to get out early enough to make the turn before the horn sounds and the working folks slide down the dinosaurs tail and rush to the courses for leagues. The same courses cost $55 - $75 to play on weekends, unless you go out after 3 PM on Sundays. It's all supply and demand driven.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:43 AM

I try to play mostly off-campus.the problem for golfers is there is no championship course south of brownwood. So all that pent up demand or a golf course push north. The developer owns ll the championship courses.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:21 PM

Play more and they will build more courses. Supply and demand

Protest and abandon the courses?? Guess what will happen.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:27 PM

Apparently, a billion dollars just doesn't go as far as it used to so the Developer needs the extra greens fees for an additional month.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:30 PM

Exactly how are you saving money when the Winter rates in The Villages are $64?
Old 04-24-2021, 01:09 PM

1:05 one way from the Village of Sanibel. Longer if going from Nancy Lopez.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forebubba View Post
Summer season greens fees used to be May 1 till October 15th
Then it went from May 1 till September 30
Then they combined Summer and Fall raising the summer rate and lowering the fall rate. An increase but not real bad.
Yes costs go up
Now the winter season rate will continue until June 1
Green fees for May compared to last year will be $20 to $30 higher in the afternoon wave (priority and resident)
Green fees for May compared to last year will be $13 to $22 higher in the morning wave.
As a priority member I will not play the championship courses in May. playing twice a week that is a $160 increase.
I will play the execs and venture outside the Villages.
What is next, Winter season starts November this year too?

Example: World Woods, rated on the top 10 in Florida is $35 including lunch in May.
A 4 some will save $68 which will pay for gas
My choice yes, My protest.
Thank you for not wanting to play in The Villages......

That makes more tee time as available for us that do !!
Old 04-24-2021, 04:09 PM

And think you should-
Old 04-24-2021, 04:40 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
Bingo!

There are plenty of access points to make streets and entire new neighborhoods where the country clubs are located.
Or apartments.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:38 PM
Default Championship Golf south of 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebooo View Post
I try to play mostly off-campus.the problem for golfers is there is no championship course south of brownwood. So all that pent up demand or a golf course push north. The developer owns ll the championship courses.
There is a new CC course coming down by the new Sawgrass rec area.
Closed Thread

Tags
fees, year, rate, green, increase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.