Grill for Summer Kitchen

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2021, 08:56 AM

DIY project. most of the internals are drop in
Old 05-30-2021, 09:39 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Well a griddle might be good, but I still don't see how it imparts the barbecue flavor to things like steaks and dogs? Does it?
Well, both a griddle and a gas grill still only use propane or natural gas.....for me to get a REAL wood flavor, I use my pellet grill and then do a reverse sear on either my cast iron grill box or my Blackstone, dependent on if I really need "grill marks" on it. I just find the griddle much more versatile. I also use a good array of dry rubs, etc...many that I make myself.

Between the pellet grill and griddle, I can easily cook my own Briskets, Pulled Pork, Ribs, Turkeys and Chicken, roasts, Steaks, Chicken wings, Salmon, Pizza, etc., etc on the pellet grill. I do veggies, steaks, flattened grilled cinnamon rolls, tacos, French fries, Crunchwraps, pancakes, all types of breakfast, Smashburgers, and much more on the griddle. Hardly need an indoor kitchen.....like I said, I'll never buy a regular gas grill again.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:37 AM

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-30-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieBorden View Post
I have an outdoor kitchen that we designed and had built. We have an AOG grill, 30 inch, 3 burner, which costs about $2500. Our contractor, Harbourtown Homes, Rick Anderson, (352) 259-3379 did the work. I dont think you need to replace everything, and if you needed to modify anything I believe it could be done. Its my opinion that some of the larger contractors do not want to mess with small jobs as they have plenty of work. Just my opinion. Good luck. We love our kitchen

Thank you for the info - I have called Harbourtown Homes and requested a call back for a possible estimate! Again - thank you!
Old 05-30-2021, 11:55 AM

Thank you - I will check this out!
Old 05-30-2021, 08:23 PM
Default Grill Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1l1nowt@gmail.com View Post
I have a 14 yr village home with a Summer Kitchen - the original grill in the summer kitchen was a Vermont Castings. The grill has died and Vermont Castings is no longer in business to get a replacement.

Have looked online at many other options but of course none seem to be quite the same size which indicates some modification to the current opening in the counter top may be necessary to accommodate another make of grill.

I recently had T&D screens come (after waiting 3 months just to get them to come out and look) and of course they are telling me that in order to get a new grill I have to have a complete new array of cabinets and countertop etc. to the tune of $16,000.00

There is nothing wrong with my existing cabinets etc. and I don’t think that the sizes of a replacement grill are THAT different that some slight countertop modification wouldn’t accommodate.

Has anyone else had this done, and if so....the usual questions.
Who did the work?
Were you satisfied with the work?
Any other issues that I am not considering for this problem?

I really don’t want to invest $16K to replace a drop in grill!

Any info is appreciated!

Thank you
My husband ordered a replacement grill , it was an AOC that was approximately the same size as the Viking one. We hired Kylie and Sons to replace it and they fabricated a piece so that it fit in the original cabinets and countertops. They were very reasonable. We looked at models in the T & D showroom and ordered ours online.
Closed Thread

Tags
grill, kitchen, summer, modification, accommodate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.