Griner released via exchange for the Russian arms dealer

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2022, 09:10 AM

Lee Harvey Oswald and Wheeland are ex Marines and Oliver North and John Glenn are former Marines.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I don't know why people keep referring to Whelan as a "Marine." He was a Marine, and he was dishonorably discharged 15 years ago. You don't refer to people who are dishonorably discharged as Marines - unless you are trying to use the title as a tool in some argument you can't possibly win otherwise.
Once a Marine...Always a Marine
Old 12-09-2022, 11:07 AM

He enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserve in 1994.[7] He took military leave from Kelly Services to serve with the Marine Corps Reserve from 2003 to 2008, including service in Iraq. He held the rank of staff sergeant with Marine Air Control Group 38 working as an administrative clerk and administrative chief, and he was part of Operation Iraqi Freedom.[8] After a court-martial conviction in January 2008 on multiple counts "related to larceny", he was sentenced to 60 days restriction, reduction to pay grade E-4, and a bad conduct discharge.[9][10] The specific charges against him included "attempted larceny, three specifications of dereliction of duty, making a false official statement, wrongfully using another’s social security number, and ten specifications of making and uttering checks without having sufficient funds in his account for payment."[11]
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 12-09-2022, 11:35 AM

All of the conversations about the marine and no one mentions that Griner a black women is a 2 time Olympic medalist -- both medals are gold. She pleaded guilty to vape cartridges with hashish oil. The comments.....omg so easy to villify her.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:01 PM
Default TOTV Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
This is why I changed my mind about moving to the Villages.

A professional athlete with a minuscule amount of CBD oil is an "anti American pothead" while the dishonorably discharged felon with over a dozen convictions of all kinds of fraud is still called a "Marine" with pride.

When it's a brown person committing social security fraud, you want to throw the book at them. But this guy's white and once had an association with the military.

I'm a civilian in the Air Force. MOST of the uniformed men and women I work with are fantastic people - the overwhelming majority. But not all. If they were, we wouldn't still be trying to solve sexual assault issues in the services.
I thought this Forum was for Residents of TV!
Old 12-09-2022, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
I thought this Forum was for Residents of TV!
Thinking will get you in trouble.
New to me….only residents.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:42 PM

She checked all of the boxes
Closed Thread

Tags
russian, hand, coming, raise, griner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.