Groceries

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2020, 08:42 AM
Veteran member
Default Groceries

We went to Publix to pick up prescriptions and a few food items yesterday. My wife noticed The older gentleman bagging was licking his fingers to open the plastic bags. When we got home I set up a table in the garage with a small pail of disinfectant cleaning solution and a rag. Nothing came into the house without being thoroughly wiped down.

Now if we purchase anything it gets a good cleaning before it comes in. We sent a email to Publix alerting them to tell employees not to put fingers in their mouth,,,
Old 03-19-2020, 10:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
We went to Publix to pick up prescriptions and a few food items yesterday. My wife noticed The older gentleman bagging was licking his fingers to open the plastic bags. When we got home I set up a table in the garage with a small pail of disinfectant cleaning solution and a rag. Nothing came into the house without being thoroughly wiped down.

Now if we purchase anything it gets a good cleaning before it comes in. We sent a email to Publix alerting them to tell employees not to put fingers in their mouth,,,
Another reason to take your own bags.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-19-2020, 10:34 PM

Next time, take your own bags and offer to sack it yourself. Issue solved.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

LAST visit to grocery store was scary. Noticed friends in store that had the same look as a deer in headlights, where is the exit??? I think it will come to stores that will do shopping for you while you wait outside. Hope I'm not over reacting, just need to calm down and be smart, be prepared with disinfecting wipes and social distance.
Even thou we could use a good hug from friends, a wave from a distance will have to do. Stay safe folks.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:

Thank you
Old 03-20-2020, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

Bringing own bags and bagging yourself may help but anything we purchase gets a thorough cleaning before it comes into our home, the finger licking is only what we observed we don't know how the products were handled before we put them into the cart...we will be as proactive as we can and it's still a crapshoot whether we contact the virus or not...stay safe friends...
Old 03-20-2020, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Only go to a grocery that you can self serve check out with your own bags
Old 03-20-2020, 04:02 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

This is a great time to put the white crosses back in your front yard as all the trolls are reporting corona violations !!
Old 03-21-2020, 02:42 PM

Simple solution. Bag it yourself!
Old 03-21-2020, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
LAST visit to grocery store was scary. Noticed friends in store that had the same look as a deer in headlights, where is the exit??? I think it will come to stores that will do shopping for you while you wait outside. Hope I'm not over reacting, just need to calm down and be smart, be prepared with disinfecting wipes and social distance.
Even thou we could use a good hug from friends, a wave from a distance will have to do. Stay safe folks.
Where are these available??
Old 03-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
This is a great time to put the white crosses back in your front yard as all the trolls are reporting corona violations !!
Back in front yard?
I carry a large white cross round my neck, along with a necklace of garlic. and wear a toilet paper hat.
Amazing how much room people leave around me!
Keep well.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:18 PM

funny guy!
Old 03-21-2020, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjorie1955 View Post
funny guy!
Yes! What a great sense of humor.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:

Why didn't you say anything while you were there? How much time passed before getting home and sending an email to Publix that they probably won't read before Monday?

If you had asked for a manager, WHILE YOU WERE AT THE STORE, his doing that would probably have been stopped immediately.

I'll never understand why you people refuse to say something immediately if you see something wrong......
Old 03-21-2020, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Only go to a grocery that you can self serve check out with your own bags
I thought of that, but then, think of how many different people before you used that self checkout, as opposed to only one person per shift at the cashier aisle. I like OP's idea of cleaning everything before bringing it into the house.

We always bring our own bags and usually do our own bagging. But you don't know who has handled your items when they were stocked.

Tags
publix, cleaning, fingers, groceries, wiped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.