Whats the definition of a bar??

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2020, 12:28 PM
Default Whats the definition of a bar??

ALL resturants at the squares were open and plenty of people at the bar..???
Old 03-18-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage

WHEN was this observed?
Old 03-18-2020, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

A bar is an establishment that receives more than 50 percent of their revenue from the sale of alcoholic beverages. That is according to the Governor's Executive Order.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Idiots
Old 03-18-2020, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,300 Times in 820 Posts

Ridiculous. Which bars have closed ? Suddenly all establishments are restaurants. B.S. Like I posted earlier today Katie Belle's is open with the show tonight. Great the box office assigns table seats. Go ahead sit at a table with a couple you know nothing about including where they have been recently. This Florida Governor expects us to take this coronavirus serious when he is tip toeing around it because of the almighty dollar. What is a half of quarantine worth ? It is time to go to war and get past this fast. My crystal ball says sacrifice hard now or continue paying the secondary price for all this for a long long time. This is not a scrimmage game.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Governor statement is any establishment that only serves spirits are to be closed, with less that 50% sales in food. He is hoping to stop the spring breakers. From gathering and transmitting to family when they return home. Rational is an 18 yo plus thinks they are invincible, and who didn’t in those days.

He is also trying to help the economy by not completely shutting down everything like Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky. If businesses do not abide there is a strict fine. And he can always change his mind.

In the Sun it was written how restaurants are moving tables to fit the guide lines established
Old 03-18-2020, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Ridiculous. Which bars have closed ? Suddenly all establishments are restaurants. B.S. Like I posted earlier today Katie Belle's is open with the show tonight. Great the box office assigns table seats. Go ahead sit at a table with a couple you know nothing about including where they have been recently. This Florida Governor expects us to take this coronavirus serious when he is tip toeing around it because of the almighty dollar. What is a half of quarantine worth ? It is time to go to war and get past this fast. My crystal ball says sacrifice hard now or continue paying the secondary price for all this for a long long time. This is not a scrimmage game.
Easy to throw small business owners, cooks, servers, bar tenders under the bus when you aren't financially at zero. We may get there, but people that work for a living also need the almighty dollar. Do you have a solution for them?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-18-2020, 05:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Easy to throw small business owners, cooks, servers, bar tenders under the bus when you aren't financially at zero. We may get there, but people that work for a living also need the almighty dollar. Do you have a solution for them?
Not at my expense
Old 03-18-2020, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
It is about doing what is necessary to mitigate the national emergency here in the USA and trying to side step many more deaths.

Like Vegas and Disney have shut down TV needs to bite the bullet and shut down the bars and restaurants.....none of them are observing the state and federal social guidelines...so shut them down....yes YOUR life could depend on it!!!
Old 03-18-2020, 06:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
It is about doing what is necessary to mitigate the national emergency here in the USA and trying to side step many more deaths.

Like Vegas and Disney have shut down TV needs to bite the bullet and shut down the bars and restaurants.....none of them are observing the state and federal social guidelines...so shut them down....yes YOUR life could depend on it!!!
Curious, who in TV has the authority to shut down businesses??? I'm not disagreeing with the thought.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,300 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
I do. I am willing to help them out. You can give me an extra temporary tax to support them and I would gladly pay it. If it is for the greater good I'm in. If it benefits the privileged few - hit the road Jack.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:23 AM

And a nightclub (according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary) is " a place of entertainment open at night usually serving food and liquor and providing music and space for dancing and often having a floor show" Why is Katie Belle's still open ? They are running under the guise of being a restaurant.
We had reservations for a show on Monday night that we purchased mid February. When the CDC came out with new guidance on Monday morning restricting crowds to 10 people or less, I called Katie Belle's and told them I wanted to cancel due to covid-19 and, the fact that a good percentage of people in the crowd are visitors from other states, I felt the need to protect my family. They told me they had a 48 hour cancellation policy and that they would not refund my $140 because they are a business and exempt from such rules. That is the attitude of Villages owned and rented facilities. A bar is not a bar, a nightclub is not a nightclub - they are all restaurants! It's all about the money - not your health.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:32 AM

Look at Italy. We all need to work and earn, but you have to be ALIVE to do that. Short term pain for long term gain.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:01 AM

The alcohol kills all the germs. LOL!
Old 03-19-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage

This is the time of the year (high season) the restaurant/bar industry in Fl lives for--hope they all survive literally & figuratively
Closed Thread

Tags
bar, definition, resturants, squares, open

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.