Gross supermarket behavior

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2020, 06:30 AM
Michael Charles
Default Gross supermarket behavior

Yesterday afternoon while I was shopping for some produce at my local publix I observed some very gross and disgusting behavior. An older man was unmasked (his right) was inspecting some parsley or was it cilantro? He obviously didn't know the difference but he quickly put a bunch of each to his nose, right into his face for a full smell then put them both back in the shelf with the rest of the bunches! I told himto that was disgusting and now his germs are on all the other bunches, he told me to mind my own f****ng business! I went in search of a manager but by that time I wonder who else took some parsley? I wonder if they even took any off the shelf?
Old 07-03-2020, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
Yesterday afternoon while I was shopping for some produce at my local publix I observed some very gross and disgusting behavior. An older man was unmasked (his right) was inspecting some parsley or was it cilantro? He obviously didn't know the difference but he quickly put a bunch of each to his nose, right into his face for a full smell then put them both back in the shelf with the rest of the bunches! I told himto that was disgusting and now his germs are on all the other bunches, he told me to mind my own f****ng business! I went in search of a manager but by that time I wonder who else took some parsley? I wonder if they even took any off the shelf?
What did the manager say/do????
Old 07-03-2020, 07:12 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
What did the manager say/do????
They would "take care of it" is what I was told.

I'm assuming that meant nothing because they didn't see in in order to remove the products from the shelves. They have bosses to explain it to.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
So you assumed, without any evidence, the "older man" was actually infectious and shedding the COVID-19 virus at the very moment you happened to walk by.

You then assumed it was your place confront the "older man", inform him how disgusting his behavior was to you and then give him a lesson in epidemiology.

Then, you assumed it was your place to seek out the store manager so you could snitch on the "older man".

I would say you got the response you deserved.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:17 AM

I love it when the cashier coughs into the hand and starts to scan. Good times!
Old 07-03-2020, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

ya can't fix stupid...there are some just plain ignorant people out there and they are not going to change

if you try to say anything to them, you get the response that you did....and you put yourself at risk, so be careful

Like you I get frustrated when I see things like this happening too...

over the years I've learned to keep my mouth shut at times...because otherwise the blood from biting my tongue will dribble down the front of my shirt

that said I do have a spray bottle of 'shout it out' ... just for the times that I forget LOL
Old 07-03-2020, 07:40 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrose19337 View Post
So you assumed, without any evidence, the "older man" was actually infectious and shedding the COVID-19 virus at the very moment you happened to walk by.

You then assumed it was your place confront the "older man", inform him how disgusting his behavior was to you and then give him a lesson in epidemiology.

Then, you assumed it was your place to seek out the store manager so you could snitch on the "older man".

Regardless if he was "infected" putting his nose into the parsley or anything similar is disgusting. I never said he was "shedding" COVID-19 germs. Covid-19 aren't the only potentially harmful virus germs that can be passed in that manner, especially in these times we should all be concerned with others safety.

Last edited by Michael Charles; 07-03-2020 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Regardless if he was "infected" putting his nose into the parsley or anything similar is disgusting. Covid germs aren't the only potentially harmful virus germs that can be passed in that manner, especially in these times.
Plus, it was made worse by the fact it was an "older man". I have noticed a lot of old people around here. Wonder what that is all about?
Old 07-03-2020, 07:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Just think about how much you don't see.
Why worry?
Steve
Old 07-03-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrose19337 View Post

If this happened while you were there, than you bought produce the guy got up and personal with and than you managed to catch the virus would you still sing the same song?
Old 07-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down It Goes On

I was at the Publix's on Wedgewood Lane yesterday and watched a woman reach into a bag of cherries and add them to another bag. As in any large town or city you have some of the cheaters, ignorant and entitled to deal with and you have to assume they will be at work with their cheating ways where you are! If you lived in a large city like New York City you learn to just ignore these people as they are the bottom feeders that live among us!
Old 07-03-2020, 07:53 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
If this happened while you were there, than you bought produce the guy got up and personal with and than you managed to catch the virus would you still sing the same song?
Were you there? I approached him from a safe distance. I didn't get up in his grille. Maybe I have it and that's why I wear a mask to protect others.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
First of all, any time you catch a virus you usually have little if any way of knowing when, where, or how you managed to catch it. So your analogy of getting "up and personal" with produce is useless.

Secondly, I prefer the song of common sense and reason over shrill hysteria regardless.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJohn View Post
Sounds like you better stay home and order your supplies! First you complain about Dunkin Donuts and now grocery stores! You should be working for the board of health.

Covid or no covid, you won't change people's habits...especially here on the forum.
You are so right!

I went to DD to get my wife a donut she asked me to get to celebrate her last treatment for cancer that she was diagnosed with in December. It was my first venture into any store other than for groceries, pharmacies or to Dr's appointments.

No I won't change peoples habits here but maybe if I help just 1 person be aware of others safety then it's worth it to me.

As far as my 2 posts about DD and the supermarket, you actually went to look at my posts to notice what I have to say!
Old 07-03-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I was at the Publix's on Wedgewood Lane yesterday and watched a woman reach into a bag of cherries and add them to another bag. As in any large town or city you have some of the cheaters, ignorant and entitled to deal with and you have to assume they will be at work with their cheating ways where you are! If you lived in a large city like New York City you learn to just ignore these people as they are the bottom feeders that live among us!
Cherries are sold by the pound, not by the bag. If she only wanted a small amount, and took some out of her bag, or wanted more and added to her bag, that is her right. It is not cheating. She paid for the weight she bagged.
Closed Thread

Tags
parsley, put, gross, disgusting, told

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.