Grounds maintenance behind Laurel Manor?

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2020, 09:18 AM
Default Grounds maintenance behind Laurel Manor?

Did something happen to those responsible for maintaining the grounds on the south and east side of the cart path behind Laurel Manor that runs from Buena Vista to 466? It appears that grounds here have been neglected for some time. Please see pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3160.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	86453   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3161.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	86454   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3162.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	86455  
Old 09-30-2020, 09:30 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyola View Post
Did something happen to those responsible for maintaining the grounds on the south and east side of the cart path behind Laurel Manor that runs from Buena Vista to 466? It appears that grounds here have been neglected for some time. Please see pictures.
Call in a complaint
Old 09-30-2020, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
This is the area of the cart path running next to the golf course and some homes before you go under Buena Vista. We just rode up there. (Nothing else to do) It looks like the grounds contractor stopped mowing right at the traffic circle where the path goes on to Laurel Manor Regional Rec Center. This path is across the cartpath from the where the vet office and other doctors offices are. Their side is cut. It is across from that and adjacent to the golf course. It looks like an easy fix. I bet someone forgot or were sick or something.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-30-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage

You should contact District Property Management. Contact info here: VCDD District Property Management
Old 09-30-2020, 11:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
You should contact District Property Management. Contact info here: VCDD District Property Management
Correct. Actually easier than taking pictures and posting them on TOTV. And, it will actually result in action being taken.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Correct. Actually easier than taking pictures and posting them on TOTV. And, it will actually result in action being taken.
Or maybe they don’t know how to contact VCDD or why they posted to get information on how to report. If everybody new everything no need for TOTV forums.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I live behind Eisenhower rec Center, they mow lawn 4-6 weeks, weeds growing great. Called and complained came and mowed half. Mowed this week only did half. Very poor lawn company, saving money I guess. They only do what potential buyers will see.talked to guy named Chris,tried to call his boss, told not to bother him.

Last edited by wisbad1; 10-02-2020 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-03-2020, 06:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
I live behind Eisenhower rec Center, they mow lawn 4-6 weeks, weeds growing great. Called and complained came and mowed half. Mowed this week only did half. Very poor lawn company, saving money I guess. They only do what potential buyers will see.talked to guy named Chris,tried to call his boss, told not to bother him.
The District Property Management Department is responsible for upholding the aesthetic, physical and environmental assets of the District by maintaining the District’s physical assets and infrastructure.

DistrictPropertyManagement@DistrictGov.org

To better serve you, District Property Management has implemented the divisional structure as outlined below. Please feel free to reach out directly to these Managers for assistance in their applicable areas.

Assistant Director, Landscape, Water Resources, Road & Infrastructure Divisions
Mike Harris – Mike.Harris@DistrictGov.org

Manager, Landscape Division
James Morris – James.Morris@DistrictGov.org
Landscape, Irrigation System, Basin Landscape Management, Tree Maintenance, Debris Removal
DPMLandscape@DistrictGov.org

Manager, Roads and Infrastructure Division
Mike Amodeo – Mike.Amodeo@DistrictGov.org
Multi Modal Paths, Sidewalks, Roadways, Parking Lots, Tunnels, Bridges, Storm Water Piping (outside the road right of way), Villa Walls and Entries, Security Cameras, Lighting, Gates, Gatehouses, Fences
DPMInfrastructure@DistrictGov.org

Assistant Manager, Water Resource Division
Bart Graham – Bart.Graham@DistrictGov.org
Storm Water Pump Stations, Storm Water Basins, Backflow Prevention, Storm Systems Management, Water Transfers, Wetlands, Preserves, Nuisance Alligator Management, Algae and Aquatic Weed Control
DPMWaterResources@DistrictGov.org

Assistant Director, Facilities, Construction, Fire Stations, Town Center Divisions
Gerard Nesel – Gerard Nesel@DistrictGov.org
Manager, Construction Division
Randy Wilkerson – Randy.Wilkerson@DistrictGov.org
Fire Station Maintenance, and Design, Review and Construction Management of Assigned Capital Improvement Projects
DPMConstructionFireDivision@DistrictGov.org

Manager, Facilities Division
Herschel Wiley – Herschel.Wiley@DistrictGov.org
Recreation Centers, Postal Facilities, Sport Courts and Dog Parks
DPMFacilities@DistrictGov.org

Interim Manager, Town Center Division
Doyle Graf – Doyle.Graf@DistrictGov.org
Town Squares and District Offices Maintenance
DPMTownCenters@DistrictGov.org

Director of District Property Management
Blair Bean – blair.bean@districtgov.org
Contact Us
Main Office
1071 Canal Street
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-753-4022
Fax: 352-753-4296

Business Hours:
8am to 5pm, EST
Monday – Friday
Excluding Holidays
Old 10-03-2020, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

I always find it amazing they can find this site to complain..... and not the District site to get something done.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
What department did you call?
Old 10-03-2020, 01:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Contract probably for mowing and landscaping and doubt it’s for once month? Probably twice? if contract monitor don’t follow up then some contractors get lazy. Most do overall good job, but district contract monitors have to do there jobs to get what they contracted for. The other problem few monitors want to monitor behind the computer in the chair?
Old 10-03-2020, 03:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Contract probably for mowing and landscaping and doubt it’s for once month? Probably twice? if contract monitor don’t follow up then some contractors get lazy. Most do overall good job, but district contract monitors have to do there jobs to get what they contracted for. The other problem few monitors want to monitor behind the computer in the chair?
Well, Mr. Tops.

Someone around here is doing a mighty fine job keeping things cut and trimmed. I have rose colored glasses off and I see miles and miles and miles of lovely green cut lawn and nicely trimmed trees and bushes. During the summer in the terrible heat I see fellow humans bending and pulling weeds and it makes my back ache to watch them. I always try to slow down in my golf cart to say thank you. Living here is pretty close to living at Biltmore when the Vanderbilts so full of dough lived there. We live like Millionaires here bud. No complaints from me.

Signed. My glasses are clear as crystal.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What department did you call?
Old 10-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well, Mr. Tops.

Someone around here is doing a mighty fine job keeping things cut and trimmed. I have rose colored glasses off and I see miles and miles and miles of lovely green cut lawn and nicely trimmed trees and bushes. During the summer in the terrible heat I see fellow humans bending and pulling weeds and it makes my back ache to watch them. I always try to slow down in my golf cart to say thank you. Living here is pretty close to living at Biltmore when the Vanderbilts so full of dough lived there. We live like Millionaires here bud. No complaints from me.

Signed. My glasses are clear as crystal.
I agree, but with miles and miles there spot or two that falls through cracks and as the OP noticed needs brought to someone attention.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I agree, but with miles and miles there spot or two that falls through cracks and as the OP noticed needs brought to someone attention.
Please let me know when you plan to mow it..... if I don't have anything going on that day I may help.
Closed Thread

Tags
grounds, manor, laurel, buena, vista

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.