Groveland 2nd dose best time?

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2021, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Groveland 2nd dose best time?

website suggests 2nd dose given in afternoon, no first dose in afternoon, but you can get 2nd dose in morning. Wondering when is best time, morning or afternoon.????
Old 02-24-2021, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

When I got my first dose, they gave me a date and time for my second dose. Didn't they do that for you?

My second appointment was for exactly four weeks to the day at the same time.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
When I got my first dose, they gave me a date and time for my second dose. Didn't they do that for you?

My Groveland date was 3 weeks later but no time.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
website suggests 2nd dose given in afternoon, no first dose in afternoon, but you can get 2nd dose in morning. Wondering when is best time, morning or afternoon.????
Can you please give a link to the website that gave this 2nd shot information about the Groveland vaccination site?

I don’t see such information on the Lake County DOH site.

After our 1st shot at Groveland, we were given a date for our 2nd vaccination but we were told we’d be “contacted” to confirm a time and location for that date.
Our date is 3/3 and we haven’t been contacted as yet.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:

Did you get both vaccination shots at the Groveland site?
Old 02-24-2021, 12:26 PM

We had the first shot at Groveland. Very organized and less than 2 hours in line. Returned this morning at 9:00, between 8-12 as instructed yesterday by text (and as noted on the card previously), Guess what! Waiting line was at least 2 miles long and at the rear of line was a police car with large sign saying "closed for Covid shots". So we took an alternate route through the industrial park and naturally were stopped by a manned barricade and police. Politely informed that we weren't going to get the second shots anytime today and to come back tomorrow. She said the text yesterday is of no help today and we should "try again tomorrow". Very disappointed, but assume everyone had lined up very early and was just a lot more than anticipated. We will try again, but it seems like they could have advised us this morning via text to save all the frustration.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:53 PM
Default Groveland Lessons Learned

Your best bet is to get up early and be in line by 0530. It’s early but you will get in with the first wave. Its cooler so take a book, your iPad, the newspaper a box of donuts, or listen to your radio. Yes you will wait about 60-90 minutes but you’ll be done by 0730. A total of 2 hours. Or, go later, wait 2 hours in line along Hwy 27, in the sun and heat, then find out they ran out of vaccine or if your lucky enough to get in, add 2 more hours of wait time fighting the stop ang go traffic line. So 2 hours (yes it’s early) or 4 hours and maybe not even get the shot, today we were in line at 0540, inside staging at 0700, got shots at 0715; left at o0730 and home at 0815. Your peace of mind will thank you.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Did you get both vaccination shots at the Groveland site?
I got both shots of the Moderna vaccine in Publix in DeLand. I don't think that anyone is able to get the second dose somewhere other than where they got the first one.

I believe that a lot of people are confused about this. When you get your first dose, you will be given a date for the second does. It will be at the same place and should be on the same day of the week unless there is some kind of delay. Publix gives you the same exact day and time.

I understand that Groveland and some other sites give you the sate but not the time.

But the situation is not that you get your first dose then you go shopping around for an appointment for your second dose. It should all be set up at the same place.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Can you please give a link to the website that gave this 2nd shot information about the Groveland vaccination site?

After our 1st shot at Groveland, we were given a date for our 2nd vaccination but we were told we’d be “contacted” to confirm a time and location for that date.
Lake.floridahealth.gov. press release
Old 02-25-2021, 04:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCLaD View Post
Your best bet is to get up early and be in line by 0530. It’s early but you will get in with the first wave. Its cooler so take a book, your iPad, the newspaper a box of donuts, or listen to your radio. Yes you will wait about 60-90 minutes but you’ll be done by 0730. A total of 2 hours. Or, go later, wait 2 hours in line along Hwy 27, in the sun and heat, then find out they ran out of vaccine or if your lucky enough to get in, add 2 more hours of wait time fighting the stop ang go traffic line. So 2 hours (yes it’s early) or 4 hours and maybe not even get the shot, today we were in line at 0540, inside staging at 0700, got shots at 0715; left at o0730 and home at 0815. Your peace of mind will thank you.
Noticed, site doesn't open until 8am
Old 02-25-2021, 07:22 AM

Line was closed at 8:30 yesterday morning
Old 02-25-2021, 07:26 AM

They contact you 1-2 days before your second dose (voice recording on phone.) They want to be sure they have vaccine before you come so don't notify you too far in advance. Lines have been long at Groveland for second doses! Get there very early!
Old 02-25-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:

Amazon facility in Groveland is giving second doses today and tomorrow 8 a.m. - noon. We got here a few minutes past 7. Cars are already backed up on Independence drive to 27 and the Groveland Police have blocked the road. It is now 7:30 and we are beginning to move towards the facility. Don’t know if this helps; however, I thought this would give info to what is going on right now.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:10 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
I got both shots of the Moderna vaccine in Publix in DeLand. I don't think that anyone is able to get the second dose somewhere other than where they got the first one.

I believe that a lot of people are confused about this. When you get your first dose, you will be given a date for the second does. It will be at the same place and should be on the same day of the week unless there is some kind of delay. Publix gives you the same exact day and time.

I understand that Groveland and some other sites give you the sate but not the time.

But the situation is not that you get your first dose then you go shopping around for an appointment for your second dose. It should all be set up at the same place.
Correct. The publix card gives the 2nd date and time and you return to the same place. There was actually no onethere when my mom went and she was in and out in 20 minutes, including the wait time. Hopefully, her second shot will be just as easy
Old 02-25-2021, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Whenever You Can!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Feel fortunate that you got the first dose and are scheduled to get the second!
Get the damn shot whenever you can!

Tags
dose, afternoon, 2nd, time, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.