Beer??

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Beer??

I read a post the other day that there are not many places to get good beer :..What is good beer?? I am not a drinker but am very curious about the beer the majority like..As I mentioned earlier, I have a friend who might be interested in opening a restaurant..Looking for opinions!!

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 04-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: Beer??

Donna, you'll no doubt get several different responses to this question. As far as I can remember growing up domestic beer, as long as it was ice cold, was pretty much very similar. There were subtle differences between any of the major brands, Reingold, Budweiser, Miller, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schaefer and Coors. but essentially they all looked and tasted American. But at some point in the 1980's, a movement developed in this Country to revive some of the older recipes and practices from small European brewers. Some refer to this new interest in brewing as "craft brewing" because it's usually done in small batches. Toscas Restaurant in Spanish Springs is an example of a craft or microbrewery. The microbrews usually do not taste anything like Bud and Miller and many of the seniors in my experience don't care for it. They say it doesn't take like the beer they grew up with--and of course that's true. I guess that's why up till now restaurants in the Villages have been satisfied offering the traditional beers. I hope in time, as more of the baby boomers arrive in the Villages, that they will generate more interest and demand among local restaurants for the microbrews, or maybe something like Guinness and Bass Ale for starters.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.