gun shots

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Default gun shots

On Thanksgiving morning we played golf at Amberwood. When we arrived at the 6th hole we were startled when we heard gunshots on the other side of the fence toward CR 42. There were many shots within a 10 minute period. Is there a firing range near the 6th hole? What is over that fence? It kind of spooked us and we left in a hurry for fear of stray bullets.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Default Re: gun shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunluva
Guess noone cares if there were gunshots in The Villages, lol!! :
I don't know where Amberwood is. Is it on the edge of Wildwood? Did gun shots come from the woods outside TV? I too would move on if I heard gunshots but I need to know more before I get concerned. Is it target shooting? If so is it legal? Was someone shooting their Thanksgiving dinner? It would be interesting to know.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Amberwood is almost as far north in TV as you can go, holes 3 through 6 all border on private property. I don't know what the laws are on discharging firearms on private property.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut
Amberwood is almost as far north in TV as you can go, holes 3 through 6 all border on private property. I don't know what the laws are on discharging firearms on private property.
The FL law seems to prohibit discharging firearms on public property with various exceptions. Private property seems OK. http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...n%2015#0790.15

There may be some County and or City Ordinances on this as well though depending exactly where the shots came from.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:30 PM

long time locals i've met over the years speak of hunting the fields that are now the villages.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 PM

We frequently hear gunshots coming from property alongside the Saddlebrook softball complex. It appears to be coming from private property adjacent to the new hotel on 466.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 11-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

THE GUNSHOTS YOU HEARD FROM AMBERWOOD CAME FROM NEAR HW 42 AND HWY 301....THAT IS PRIVATE PROPERTY OVER THERE AND IF THE WIND BLOWS STRONG FROM THE WEST , YOU CAN HEAR IT QUITE CLEARLY EVEN THOUGH IT ABOUT A MILE AWAY..............
Old 11-27-2007, 05:09 AM

I too have heard them from our store on 42 (drive thru window side) as I was waiting on a customer. Even saw the sheriff speeding eastward towards 27 however, they bypassed the shot sounds.

They were coming from private property north of 42 and I could not determine exactly which home as I looked.

Zug, Switzerland
Usingen, Germany
Woodstock, GA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.