Gun store near Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The do not engage comment was aimed squarely at the arbitrary designation of guns as instruments of death....viewed by me (right or wrong) as bait or complete lack of understanding of the majority use of guns in America.
I think we all understand it quite clearly. The primary function of a gun is to kill. It has other functions, but killing is its primary one. As such, it is, by definition, an instrument of death. You might not actually ever USE it, to kill, or maim, or even scare anyone. But don't sit there self-righteously and lie and claim that isn't why guns exist. That is their function - regardless of whether or not you use it for that function.

An automobile's primary function is transporting from point A to point B. It can also kill, but that isn't its primary function. As such, it is not, by definition, an instrument of death.

Pretending that guns don't exist primarily for the purpose of causing damage/killing people/animals is insulting to thinking sentient beings who know better. Unless you're trying to lie to yourselves, to justify something that you feel guilty about if you couldn't justify it otherwise.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I think we all understand it quite clearly. The primary function of a gun is to kill. It has other functions, but killing is its primary one. As such, it is, by definition, an instrument of death. You might not actually ever USE it, to kill, or maim, or even scare anyone. But don't sit there self-righteously and lie and claim that isn't why guns exist. That is their function - regardless of whether or not you use it for that function.

An automobile's primary function is transporting from point A to point B. It can also kill, but that isn't its primary function. As such, it is not, by definition, an instrument of death.

Pretending that guns don't exist primarily for the purpose of causing damage/killing people/animals is insulting to thinking sentient beings who know better. Unless you're trying to lie to yourselves, to justify something that you feel guilty about if you couldn't justify it otherwise.
Oh please. Walk softly and carry a big stick, hoping not to have to use the big stick.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:58 PM
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane reynolds View Post
I am horrified to think that many fellow Villagers either own guns already, want to buy guns, or want to practice shooting as part of their retirement.
I am saddened such a business knows it can make lots of money from a generation who should know that shooting has never solved anything.
In your shoes.... I'd move today !!!!!

It's NOT the laws. The laws are strict enough and purchasing a gun is strict enough. If the courts would impose sentences for what the laws state, we would have less gun violence in America. I've been around guns all my life and NEVER did I see a gun kill anyone. People kill People, NOT GUNS !!!!!!!

Last edited by TommyT; 11-26-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:12 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
also agree with first poster
Old 11-26-2018, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post

You forgot to notate...in your opinion.
There are many millions of guns made for no intention of killing what so ever.
There are many millions of us who buy such guns with no intention of killing.

Nobody is pretending anything as stated in the above post.
The post comes across as someone pretending to be an expert about guns, their use and their users.
The allegation of lying will be ignored out of politeness to other posters.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:41 PM
Gold member

What really becomes evident in threads like this,
is the number of comments made by people who obviously have
very little knowledge about
either guns or gun laws.
I think the biggest instruments of death are humans!
We keep getting off the track blaming inanimate objects.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:53 PM
Platinum member

Instruments of Death being sold in The Villages

The Villages Florida
Old 11-26-2018, 07:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post

The Villages Florida
SHOOT those bad boyz...

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-26-2018, 07:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane reynolds View Post
I am certain Shooters World researched thoroughly before building a massive store within The Villages. I am horrified to think that many fellow Villagers either own guns already, want to buy guns, or want to practice shooting as part of their retirement. I will never understand the love affair with an instrument of death.
I am saddened such a business knows it can make lots of money from a generation who should know that shooting has never solved anything.
Must be a hormonal thing.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-26-2018, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:

The Villages Florida
Not these but I am sure that a SEAL or some other special forces person could easily kill someone with a carrot, pencil, pen, ruler, and especially with their hands.

It is the speed with which some weapons kill like those used in Las Vegas that is scary. And at the Pulse Night Club. I know a grandmother and grandfather who lost their grand daughter in the Parkland Valentine's Day shooting. She was shot five times as were many of the other kids shot often.

I do not see any easy answers though as planes, trains and automobiles can also be used as very deadly weapons.

We do have to pay more attention to what the victims/survivors of these horrible crimes go through for the rest of their lives and make policies to make it harder for some people to get some weapons at certain times. Context should be extremely important rather than bone-headed over-generalizations.

And seek solutions using whatever means necessary to get realistic results.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 11-26-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

[QUOTE=John_W;1602284]Did you research thoroughly Florida gun laws before moving here? As of Oct 31, 2018 there are 1,927,724 concealed license permits issued in the state.

And mine is one of them. The biggest percentage of us ccl holders are the good people you want around when bad people do bad things.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:

The Villages Florida
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tags
store, guns, shooting, saddened, death

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.