Gutter Guards ?

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2021, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

Only if you pay them at least $15.00 per hour, otherwise they call in sick.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneysblue View Post
Only if you pay them at least $15.00 per hour, otherwise they call in sick.

Now that is funny and the honest to God truth for any service we hire from here on in.
And with inflation, we can figure $20.00 soon.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
Other then the entrance to your house I don’t think gutters are needed.
Maybe so in your situation but that depends on a lot of variables. Heavy rain made it look like Niagara Falls along the side of our house really causing a mess in the landscaped areas. The stone would get dislodged and we’d end up with erosion and even some damaged planting. It also may cause water to seep all along the foundation/slab which could possibly cause problems. While the gutter GUARDS may be unnecessary, especially if there are no trees around as in our case, in many cases gutters are a wise thing to add. AT least the water gets directed away from the foundation and any landscaped areas.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:19 AM

Go to siding supplier (not box store) and buy the same type of stainless steal gutter guard and then hire handyman to install. Measure length need and purchase they come in six or eight ft long. I got quote from them they wanted over $6000. To install 150’ of guard. I purchase gutter guard at supply house for what I needed and cost was $352. And paid handy $450 to install. Big saving and cost per foot was only5.33 per ft verses $40.per ft
Old 12-05-2021, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by conman5652@aol.com View Post
Go to siding supplier (not box store) and buy the same type of stainless steal gutter guard and then hire handyman to install. Measure length need and purchase they come in six or eight ft long. I got quote from them they wanted over $6000. To install 150’ of guard. I purchase gutter guard at supply house for what I needed and cost was $352. And paid handy $450 to install. Big saving and cost per foot was only5.33 per ft verses $40.per ft
I agree. $40 per foot is an outrageous price for a piece of metal to cover a gutter. I understand that some installers will start at an even higher price, and then negotiate down from there. It's similar to the awning installers who will charge $1200 in labor to attach an awning to the house. A job that takes about 30 minutes. Buyer beware.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:31 PM

JP Solar Solutions has been installing cost effective gutter protection systems for over ten years. The non screen perforated
aluminum systems work very well at keeping leaves and debris out of the gutters.
Contact is JPSolar@gmail.com.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:01 PM

They screen works for me....The North side of my house has a large oak tree that drops tons of oak leafs every Fall. Most of the leafs blow off the screen. Some accumulate on top of the screen. None make it inside the gutter. I blow the leafs from the screen twice a year using a very small nozzle attached to the end of my garden hose. The entire job takes about 15 minutes. I have not had to clean the inside of the gutter for 3 years. There is a small amount of fine sand laying on the bottom of the gutter.
The screen comes in 4 foot long sections, and is easy to install.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:27 PM

If you need gutter guards...
Costco has EasyOn Gutterguard for 5" or 6" gutters. They go on sale for around 20%off a couple of times per year (e.g., 36' for $54.99 after $15.00 off $69.99). Each piece is 3' long, slides up under the first shingle and are attached to the top of the front edge of the gutter by a double-side adhesive strip (already on each piece) and/or provided sheet metal screws. They come in boxes with a number of 3' panels for various total lengths (24', 36,' 50', 100', etc.). Individual 3' pieces can be cut shorter (for that last piece) using tin snips. Pick the combination of boxes that fit the total length you need for your gutter system.

I have them on my house Northern Virginia but only put them on the front of the house (both upper story and full length front porch) which is under tree with lots of tree leaves. I've never had to clean my rear gutters since no trees are near them. I have not had to clean my gutters since installing these EasyOn Gutterguards ~10 years ago. My last shingles were installed around 12-13 years ago and I've not had a sediment build-up problem in the gutters. If there is a problem, I can remove one 3' panel and jet spray the gutter from there. I hope this helps.
Closed Thread

Tags
gutter, guards, work, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.