Hacienda County Club Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2020, 09:30 AM
Default Hacienda County Club Restaurant

I would like to suggest an opportunity may exist for the Villages Grown to take the next step in its business plan to open an organic grown exclusive restaurant in the Hacienda County Club facility. As many may know the Hacienda County Club restaurant has been closed for some time with a debate about future uses. I believe that many if not most in the Villagers are looking for healthier food choices, the Villages Grown is right there. For those of us living in the area of the Hacienda Country Club seeing that facility reopen would be welcomed. What a marriage made in heaven, a unique new idea of organic dining in that beautiful, underutilized facility. Could be the flagship for many more of the healthier restaurant facilities partnered with Villages Grown.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:32 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

If someone felt there was an opportunity to have a profitable restaurant there it would already have been opened. Organic is a tough sell and expensive. There are those that will eat nothing but organic but they are in the minority. The Villages Grow should get into beef it they want to become successful, they have the land, they have the stock, just need wholesale and retail distribution. A little organic food for thought.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:58 AM

The Villages doesn't seem to care about the north end any more. Santiago, Katie Belle's, Hacienda all closed. All attention seems to be to the south where new homes are selling.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:29 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
The Villages doesn't seem to care about the north end any more. Santiago, Katie Belle's, Hacienda all closed. All attention seems to be to the south where new homes are selling.
Businesses don't shut if they are profitable. Maybe more customers would have saved them.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:31 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote:
Not as far as restaurants are concerned, there are a couple new ones that will be in Paddock Square but not much announced south of 44 yet.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:34 PM
Platinum member

The problem with Hacienda Hills CC building is it is in disrepair. From what I understand the roof structure needs replacing among other things. No one is willing to take on the expense of rehabilitation. I would be willing to bet a sleeve of Pro V 1’s this building will eventually be taken down.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I heard the same from someone who was looking at it. A money bit for sure. Roof work alone would break the bank never mind interior renovation!
Old 05-17-2020, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I'm not sure who the actual owners of Village Grown are...my guess is that at some level the Morse family has a financial interest in it (if not backing the whole venture)

if that is true, I seriously doubt that they are interested in doing anything that will compete with the restaurants that are already in TV and are trying to reopen/survive

Frankly I'm disappointed that Village Grown seems to be evolving so slowly....

They have a lot of buildings, but it seems very little is actually being grown yet...

it appears that they have their hands full right now just trying to get off the ground and get their arms around doing what they've defined as their primary business..

hopefully once they hit full production the cost of their produce will become a little more reasonable

Organic is more expensive...but when you're able to grown 10 x's as much on the same area as field grown I'd hope prices will come down

but, I suspect that there will be a resistance to compete with the local farmers on a cost basis as that could ultimately drive those small family farms out of business
Old 05-17-2020, 12:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Yea. People keep saying this. But the fact is, businesses need customers who are willing to spend money. That seems to be a problem with the areas north of 466.

And it is not "The Villages" that are closing shop. It is the business owners who are not making a profit.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I'm not sure who the actual owners of Village Grown are...my guess is that at some level the Morse family has a financial interest in it (if not backing the whole venture)

if that is true, I seriously doubt that they are interested in doing anything that will compete with the restaurants that are already in TV and are trying to reopen/survive

Frankly I'm disappointed that Village Grown seems to be evolving so slowly....

They have a lot of buildings, but it seems very little is actually being grown yet...

it appears that they have their hands full right now just trying to get off the ground and get their arms around doing what they've defined as their primary business..

hopefully once they hit full production the cost of their produce will become a little more reasonable

Organic is more expensive...but when you're able to grown 10 x's as much on the same area as field grown I'd hope prices will come down

but, I suspect that there will be a resistance to compete with the local farmers on a cost basis as that could ultimately drive those small family farms out of business
As I understand it, The Grown works with the local farmers to help them grow. The Grown will help them market and find outlets and allow the farmers to do what they do best, farm. The Grown is not for The Villages exclusive use, in addition to providing product for our consumption and for the menu's of the local eateries, I understand they will sell into other markets as well, one person (yeah only 1 person) indicated they will market Nationally. At one of presentations I attended they said it would take a few years to approach the level they are looking for. If anyone knows differently please jump in.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-17-2020, 12:38 PM
Sage

Must agree with the review of Village Grown, the produce doesn't appear to be top quality--the Admiral went once to see their mobile site, but bailed when she couldn't see what would be picked for her-how can anyone buy veggies sight & unseen and hope the person picking has a keen eye for quality
Old 05-17-2020, 01:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Must agree with the review of Village Grown, the produce doesn't appear to be top quality--the Admiral went once to see their mobile site, but bailed when she couldn't see what would be picked for her-how can anyone buy veggies sight & unseen and hope the person picking has a keen eye for quality
So your comment is the produce "doesn't appear to be top quality" and your point of reference is One time your spouse went there AND BAILED when she didn't see the stuff.

Wow. Just wow.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:08 PM
Sage

Prior to the Airstream even, pardon: we went into the store in Brownwood-- the quality there wasn't impressive--I told her to not waste her time going to the Airstream, she went & when she came home she said "I was right a waste of time" Its nothing but play time for a member of the developers family, just like the Polo Fields and the Theater attached to Tiera Del Sol--used to love the theater, but since they moved away from interesting plays and have gone on to musicals--we're very selective on going back to Whitney's theater
Old 05-17-2020, 01:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Its nothing but play time for a member of the developers family, just like the Polo Fields and the Theater attached to Tiera Del Sol
You spend your money your way and they spend theirs how they choose. No reason to tear it down with a negative review that had little to no basis.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:48 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
As I understand it, The Grown works with the local farmers to help them grow. The Grown will help them market and find outlets and allow the farmers to do what they do best, farm. The Grown is not for The Villages exclusive use, in addition to providing product for our consumption and for the menu's of the local eateries, I understand they will sell into other markets as well, one person (yeah only 1 person) indicated they will market Nationally. At one of presentations I attended they said it would take a few years to approach the level they are looking for. If anyone knows differently please jump in.
Yes TV Grown does pick up items from local & regional organic farmers.

Soon TVG will be growing organic produce right on FL 44.

They DO have contracts with ORLANDO HEALTH to supply certain organic items directly to them. Much of what they presently offer locally for sale is from those local farmers.

WHEN they are at full operation of growing, some of that product will be available here in TV BUT much will be filling the contracts for ORLANDO HEALTH.

Not many local restaurants can afford to purchase this produce then offer it on their menus without raising the prices out of the price point for most of us here in TV.
Closed Thread

Tags
hacienda, club, restaurant, grown, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.