Hacienda Hills Demolition

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2020, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Not speculation. Sooner or later you’ll be right.

Where have I heard that before?
Old 07-29-2020, 11:45 AM
Default Here's an answer...maybe

When I recently renewed my priority membership I noticed Hacienda tennis courts and pool were still listed as perks. So I called tennis administration to ask about it. The tennis manager told me a new pro shop and new restaurant would be built but the tennis courts were gone forever. I asked how he knew that? He said during the shut down early last spring he tried to get the tennis courts resurfaced and that's what they told him them. So I'm taking that as a mostly substantiated rumor.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Anybody in the area have a photo of the demolition to share?
Hacienda Hills demolition in The Villages, Florida - YouTube
Old 07-29-2020, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Thanks for the video. Pretty sad.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:43 PM
Default Hacienda Hills Demolition

This is another Katie-Belle's disaster. Seems the developers only concerns lie south of Route 44.

"Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation." Charlotte Bronte
Old 07-29-2020, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Along with other threads about the demo, pretty sure no one one this site has a clue what will be built there.
I have no strong feelings about the Morses one way or the other, but sometimes do idly wonder about their seeming reluctance to share information. There are frequent questions on TOTV about what's happening with this or that project, most often with no official answer.

I guess I just don't see the upside in them keeping certain news and plans so secretive. Even Don apparently had a bit of fuss with them about his construction flyover videos.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,303 Times in 866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I have no strong feelings about the Morses one way or the other, but sometimes do idly wonder about their seeming reluctance to share information. There are frequent questions on TOTV about what's happening with this or that project, most often with no official answer.

I guess I just don't see the upside in them keeping certain news and plans so secretive. Even Don apparently had a bit of fuss with them about his construction flyover videos.
And I don't see the upside in them sharing their plans, except to satisfy curiosity. I wonder how many business owners here would have shared their strategies and plans because someone was curious.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-30-2020, 06:20 AM

Go to the building department and that should be public knowledge
Old 07-30-2020, 06:28 AM

Could be nothing is planned for the site until there is a money making idea.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:13 AM

This is what concerns me. As pools age in The Villages. Is this going to happen to all of them. Remember these pools were paid for from the bonds people paid. Once the bonds have been paid off were does the money come from to replace them. It seems that the only thing to replace them with is with something that generates revenue. Hope I’m wrong.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
This is what concerns me. As pools age in The Villages. Is this going to happen to all of them. Remember these pools were paid for from the bonds people paid. Once the bonds have been paid off were does the money come from to replace them. It seems that the only thing to replace them with is with something that generates revenue. Hope I’m wrong.
It wasn't the pool that failed, it was the restaurant.
I don't know, because I don't worry about such things, my guess that the budgets include monies set aside to repair/replace a pool or other assets that require attention.
We have been told many times on this site that one can attend budget preparation meetings to see actually what is in the budgets. Eliminates speculation......
Old 07-30-2020, 07:28 AM

It saddens my heart to see this being torn down. I spent 9 years as a pool ambassador at that pool up to 2 weeks ago when the fence was erected. Hoping they will build something just as beautiful as what they have demolished
Old 07-30-2020, 09:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,635 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
The country clubs along with their pools, etc are privately owned businesses. That it why the owner can take them out. They were not paid for by us. The pools at the rec centers are a different story.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Better than being sold to the residents!
Old 07-30-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,300 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
And I don't see the upside in them sharing their plans, except to satisfy curiosity. I wonder how many business owners here would have shared their strategies and plans because someone was curious.
We will know the plans for this property in due time after the plans are finalized and permits for construction are obtained.

Tags
hacienda, demolition, hills, property, happen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.