Hacienda hills is now just rubble - what goes in now?

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2020, 07:20 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
THEY know, but won’t tell.
You right, they know, and they are not saying, why? Because it's none of your business! It is private property and theirs to do with as they wish, and the law allows. They owe us noting on this matter and are not obligated to provide us with any information beyond any legal notices. It wasn't an "amenity", it was a privately owned business that was demolished. Whatever they decide to do with the property will be in thier own best interest, perhaps that interest will be "public relations" or it will be profit or maybe they can do both. Whatever the decision it is theirs and theirs alone to make, after all it is their money at risk, not yours or mine.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 08-07-2020, 07:22 AM

There is a proposal in today’s newspaper Local section.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
Read today's Daily Sun...proposal is a mix of 55+ apartments, shared amenities, and restaurant open to the public. Subject to review/approval by Amenity Authority Committee.
I think this is GREAT NEWS! New plans being discussed here: Hacienda Hills plans announced
Old 08-07-2020, 07:54 AM

More apartments, read the Daily Sun. More people in less space and more $ per square foot. The Proposal hearing is this Wednesday, if you don’t agree go speak your mind. Changing a county club seating to a apartment view, it’s up to you!
Old 08-07-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Patience Grasshopper.......
I suspect you aren’t aware of it, but that statement comes across (to me, anyway) as really condescending. It’s like you are saying you are the wise, all-knowing one and the target of your insult is an uneducated fool. I would be really offended if you said that to me. Maybe others think I’m overreacting. I’m curious to know if I am the only one who feels this way.

And, yes, I know where that line came from.

I’m sorry for hijacking this thread.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
If you read the VHA Voice that comes with the daily sun, this topic was mentioned. The developer is not answering the question, nor the question about Katie Belles future. They said they do not know yet
I’m sure you don’t believe that statement from the developer. Guess they didn’t know they were going to demolish almost the entire property until they woke up one day and made that decision and never even bothered to tell anyone who for example used the pool on a very frequent basis.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:14 AM

My guess would be independent living apartments
Old 08-07-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,041 Times in 5,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
I suspect you aren’t aware of it, but that statement comes across (to me, anyway) as really condescending. It’s like you are saying you are the wise, all-knowing one and the target of your insult is an uneducated fool. I would be really offended if you said that to me. Maybe others think I’m overreacting. I’m curious to know if I am the only one who feels this way.

I do not believe he meant it that way. More along the lines that they would announce their plans when they are ready to announce their plans. It is their property and their money after all.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:24 AM

Build more houses clear the area and charge the residents for everything
Old 08-07-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
Read today's Daily Sun...proposal is a mix of 55+ apartments, shared amenities, and restaurant open to the public. Subject to review/approval by Amenity Authority Committee.
Yep. What ever makes more money for the family (you know who) and less of what we might like. More floors more apartments more money.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

If the Developer does their typically great job of building their proposal for a new resort-style pool, walking paths and other unidentified amenities nearby the Hacienda Hills site, I’d be agreeable to their proposal with the following conditions:

1. The proposed “age restricted” multi-family units on the former country club site be height-restricted to three stories and density-restricted to minimize the impact on traffic on Morse Blvd. and the nearby gate and traffic circle accessing both El Camino Real/Paige Place and US 441.

2. That the multi-family units be condos for sale, not rental units similar to those built in Brownwood.

3. That the proposed resort pool and other amenities be deeded over to the Amenity Authority with the appropriate Developer-provided funding for future necessary maintenance.

Last edited by Villages Kahuna; 08-07-2020 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:48 AM
Sage

I would bet the farm that you will not see any condos.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:55 AM

Daily Sun article today in local news section headline saysRestaurant Amenities planned at Hacienda site. Part of plan being presented to AAC Wednesday. If the Villages proceed with new age restricted residential units at Hacienda Hills site it would feature a restaurant open to the public- quote from paper
Old 08-07-2020, 08:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post

Nope - I agree with you, and have seen this "response" from this poster before. In my view, it's like patting a little kid on the head and say "now now..".
Old 08-07-2020, 09:10 AM
Gold member

What is written in the paper today is very unclear. Most likely on purpose. I don't think you will really know what is planned for that area, who owns what etc until they reveal the proposal to the AAC.

For example, if the developer will own the property and maintain the property as reported who will then be allowed to use the amenities ? Previously, the amenities there were owned and maintained by the developer were only available to priority members.

Also, what does this mean ""in exchange for permitting the developer to use age restricted residential units currently reserved only for independent or assisted living use" I am assuming they have some kind of agreement in place with the county or another entity on how many residential units they can build in that area and now they want to do away with the units reserved for assisted living units and build residential instead.

Lastly, the article says "ideally we would like to see age restricted residential units in that area to help support a restaurant" Does that mean apartments, single family homes or a combination of both ?

When you look at the land available there, they don't have room to build much of anything unless they also take some or all of the golf courses there.

I will wait until they present the proposal to the AAC to see what is really being planned there.

Tags
hacienda, hills, rubble, property, happen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.