Hacienda hills is now just rubble - what goes in now?

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2020, 09:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Rumor has it that this site will be home to an upscale gentleman's club.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Rumor has it that this site will be home to an upscale gentleman's club.
"The Villages Pole Dancers"??? Thanks a lot, fella. That image is going to be in my head all day!
Old 08-07-2020, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpygreens View Post
"The Villages Pole Dancers"??? Thanks a lot, fella. That image is going to be in my head all day!
There are quite a few attractive well preserved ladies here.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
When you look at the land available there, they don't have room to build much of anything unless they also take some or all of the golf courses there.
I thought the same thing. They could take one of the three nine-hole courses and lay it out with quite a number of multi-family buildings, putting the new restaurant on the same site as the old one. In fact, the new “resort style pool” could go on that site as well.

If they did that I can’t imagine that the required traffic impact study would show anything but way too much traffic going through the gate on Morse and up and down Morse. I’d hate to think of the accidents at that traffic circle and traffic jams at the stoplight at Morse and Rio Grande. And if people think there’s too much traffic on Rio Grande near Chula Vista Golf course now, with that plan...wow! How about using the “circle” for golf carts to cross Morse, El Camino Real or Paige Place? Accidents waiting to happen (multiple).

Nah, if they took one of the golf courses they’d have to redesign the access-egress from the new apartments to have more than just the driveway onto Morse.

Last edited by Villages Kahuna; 08-07-2020 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:48 AM

If you live down the street from it, you care! Furthermore, we should all be concerned with Intended construction throughout TV. Today’s paper says the developers want to build some residential units in addition to pool, restaurant, activity courts, walking paths and open spaces.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:56 AM
Default HH = apartments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanTho View Post
Honestly who really cares
If you live down the street from it, you care! Furthermore, we should all be concerned with Intended construction throughout TV. Today’s paper says the developers want to build some residential units in addition to pool, restaurant, activity courts, walking paths and open spaces.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb.callow View Post
See the Local News section of paper today - 8/7, page 1. Told ya so.....THEY knew what they were going to do and NOW they’ve told us their proposal. Nix it, I say! Doesn’t help us. Helps the Developer only. Hmmm....
Old 08-07-2020, 11:13 AM
Veteran member

Living in TV is like being a coal miner.
The "company store"......
Old 08-07-2020, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb.callow View Post
They are very good builders and very fast builders. They have the materials, the skilled experts and they have it planned carefully. I am not concerned about any "intended construction throughout The Villages".

The only thing is of course is that MLS realtors can't sell it because it is NEW.

Hmmmm.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanTho View Post
Honestly who really cares
I suspect people living nearby care.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:28 PM

Let's just hope there won't be a food truck in lieu of a real restaurant. Just saying.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 08-07-2020, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Here we go.....all the Developer cares about is north of 466, when are those of us south of 466 going to be treated like those in the north (yeah, that's sarcasm)

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-07-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

The developer has built something special and really surprised how many people on here seem to have real hate for the family.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
I suspect you aren’t aware of it, but that statement comes across (to me, anyway) as really condescending. It’s like you are saying you are the wise, all-knowing one and the target of your insult is an uneducated fool. I would be really offended if you said that to me. Maybe others think I’m overreacting. I’m curious to know if I am the only one who feels this way.

And, yes, I know where that line came from.

I’m sorry for hijacking this thread.
I really don't know how to respond to your conclusion and criticism. Never meant to be condescending in any way. Not implying any one is a fool. Yes, I think you are overacting.
Only time will tell......patience grasshopper.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
I suspect you aren’t aware of it, but that statement comes across (to me, anyway) as really condescending. It’s like you are saying you are the wise, all-knowing one and the target of your insult is an uneducated fool. I would be really offended if you said that to me. Maybe others think I’m overreacting. I’m curious to know if I am the only one who feels this way.

And, yes, I know where that line came from.

I’m sorry for hijacking this thread.
Bogie has said Patience Grasshopper many, many times but never in a condescending way. He is a wise person. I don't feel he meant to be condescending only reminding us as he has frequently over the years to have Patience Grasshopper. And that usually is a good thing to have and usually if it is handled by the developer things turn out well.

I don't think he meant it mean at all.

Tags
hacienda, hills, rubble, property, happen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.