Hadley Pool

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
They consulted with DisneyWorld about chairs ordered the same chairs that Disney was using?

How about consulting The Villages residents and ordering the same chairs they had been using and that were safe, comfortable and durable with rigorous daily use?!?!?
The purchasers from TV have enormous clout and they can buy great deals in bulk and they do. They probably buy from the people Disney does. I would rather have them consult Disney who has tremendous knowlege about how things wear with droves of people using them, then us. One of the things I love about the things in TV is the high quality and the perfect style. They know what they are doing.

To me, it is another example of their business acumen. They painted the Odell Center each Spring of the three years we have lived next to it. All of it. The covers for the shuffleboard, the storage house for the pickleball paddles, the shelterhouse. The rec center itself. They regularly trim and deweed the planting areas. They take really good care of stuff. They replace things when they get shabby. THAT is what I have tried to do in the spaces I have occupied and the number one reason I chose The Villages to live. It is clean and VERY well maintained.

I know that I have heard that Spanish Springs was designed by Disney Designers. They may know the people who run Disney. The end result is spectacular.

Better than consulting one of our neighbors who has the whole danged family of trolls in her back yard. AND the bending over lady. She doesn't do computers or I wouldn't say this. DON'T tell her I said this. It was mean.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Sage

Every time my picky daughter visits she says it's nicer than most resort hotels
Old 05-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

I'm thinking they thought the change was a good thing... I have bought several things I thought were great in a store only to get home and be disappointed in the actual use of the product. In fact, I have a whole closet full of such items up north....Dang it! I went to Hadley yesterday and they are not so bad. No, they are not as comfy as the last set but perhaps when we get the next set the knowledge learned from these will bring great comfort to all of us! I don't come for the chairs for the most part. It is still a wonderful place to be.
I still enjoy the pool and all the Hadley-ites.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

The problem is the loungers are very light and lower than the old mesh loungers and you now don't have chair arms to help you get up. So you plant your hands on the edge of the seat area and if you're not careful, or don't have good balance, you can flip the chair over.

If you slightly "non-mobile" you need someone to help you rise from the chair.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The problem is the loungers are very light and lower than the old mesh loungers and you now don't have chair arms to help you get up. So you plant your hands on the edge of the seat area and if you're not careful, or don't have good balance, you can flip the chair over.

If you slightly "non-mobile" you need someone to help you rise from the chair.
Well that isn't good being that most of us are not as graceful as we used to be.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
I checked out the new furniture at Hadley pool.Great. Had no problem with it. Seems like nice clean and safe furniture. Not sure how someone could get hurt on this. Maybe to many cocktails at the poolside. Like I said "Lighten UP", everything is fine. Thank You for the new furniture.
I have no point of reference except for the experience I had while my parents lived in Del Webb's Sun City West, AZ. The furniture around the pool was "top shelf" in the beginning. During the 20 some years they were there, those chairs and lounges were NEVER replaced once. What was once "top shelf" certainly looked pretty darn shabby after several years. It's nice that I'm going to be living in a place where the owners keep an eye on everything and keep it up...rather than letting things look old and shabby.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:18 PM
BOMBERO
Default 2 things I agree with -

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
I checked out the new furniture at Hadley pool.Great. Had no problem with it. Seems like nice clean and safe furniture. Not sure how someone could get hurt on this. Maybe to many cocktails at the poolside. Like I said "Lighten UP", everything is fine. Thank You for the new furniture.
Lighten up and Thank You.

You know what they say: "some people would BITCH if you hung them with a new rope."

Last edited by BOMBERO; 05-30-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Gold member

Just got back from the Poinciana pool and the furniture there is the original furniture. I was expecting to see the new and "impoved" furniture.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 05-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Sage

The "original" style pool furniture is in place at the St. James pool - just got back from there a bit ago.

Bill
Old 05-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Founder

People are not "bitching because they are being hanged with an old rope." People have opinions and they have the right to express them. Just because they live in The Villages doesn't mean they've given up their right to express opinions. Village residents are still human beings and can voice their opinions about what they like and dislike.

Some people like the new furniture. Others find it to be a problem. The pools are not a "gift" from the Villages. They are paid for by the amenity fees. People have the right to have an opinion.

I don't subscribe to the premise that "if the Villages decides it's good for me, then by God I'm gonna accept it regardless of how I might feel." Everybody paid a lot of money to live here.

That's my opinion.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
People are not "bitching because they are being hanged with an old rope." People have opinions and they have the right to express them. Just because they live in The Villages doesn't mean they've given up their right to express opinions. Village residents are still human beings and can voice their opinions about what they like and dislike.

Some people like the new furniture. Others find it to be a problem. The pools are not a "gift" from the Villages. They are paid for by the amenity fees. People have the right to have an opinion.

I don't subscribe to the premise that "if the Villages decides it's good for me, then by God I'm gonna accept it regardless of how I might feel." Everybody paid a lot of money to live here.

That's my opinion.
Everyone should be entitled to voice their opinions without feeling like they will be belittled because they chose to share how they feel!

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
Replaced the ones at Amelia as well. To us it looks not as high quality as what they had been having...though the older ones would get in bad shape from use and being in the weather. Personally I liked what was replaced better than the new!
I agree. These new ones look cheap and I don't like them as well as the other ones. I like the arms on the older ones.

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
A lady from the Village of Bonita sat next to me at the most recent POA meeting. Janet Tutt was there and this lady asked Janet if she was aware that 2 people had been seriously hurt after falling off the new lounge chairs. She said she was aware, that they had recently consulted with Disney World & ordered the same chairs that Disney was using. No mention was made of the type of chairs(vinyl straps). Janet said that they thought the armless chaises, which are lower, would be easier for people with joint problems to get in & out of. I believe she said that they were reviewing this decision. My 84yo mother went to the pool late this afternoon and told me that they had replaced all the chaises with the ones I described. Like others, I hate these kind of chairs. They just replace the furniture about 2 years ago. I can't believe they needed to be replaced. Mom & I like chaises with arms as it makes it easier for us to get up as we both have had knee replacements and are on the "plus" side. The other furniture was classy-looking. I am definitely going to follow up on this with Janet or the Recreation Dept.
I'm anxious to see what you come up with. Don't we get any input on these things?

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:20 AM
BOMBERO
Default And

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post

That's my opinion.
You know what they say about opinions.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:25 AM
Default They work for deisney

They might work at disney ,,,,,,,we we are not built like minney or micky....more like goofy or dumbo!,,,
I still want to know where the old ones are being kept!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.