Ham Radio Antennas...

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Veteran member
Default Ham Radio Antennas...

A couple of years ago there was a push by the ARRL asking the FCC to federally void the deed restrictions in deed restircted communities concerning the banishment of outside antennas as related to Ham Radio Operation.

The request was based on the fact that Ham Radio Operators are pressed into service by goverment..local/state/federal offering communications in cases of emergency such as hurricanes and other severe storms or troubles.

Are there any Ham Radio Operators in TV who can comment as to how this turned out?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
A couple of years ago there was a push by the ARRL asking the FCC to federally void the deed restrictions in deed restircted communities concerning the banishment of outside antennas as related to Ham Radio Operation.

The request was based on the fact that Ham Radio Operators are pressed into service by goverment..local/state/federal offering communications in cases of emergency such as hurricanes and other severe storms or troubles.

Are there any Ham Radio Operators in TV who can comment as to how this turned out?
ARRL completed it summery and gave it to the FCC about the May time frame in 2011. I spoke at length with the President of ARRL Kay C. Craigie, N3KN, at Dayton last year and the complete report came out shortly there after. In the report it included letters from hams around the country about their deed restrictions and there was one included from a resident ham in TV. Now as far as what is happening today with this is anyone's guess as you know how long government takes. I am sure I will be talking with her again at Dayton next month.

There is a very active ham radio within TV and many are active in their hobby on a daily basis. It is also interesting that the ham radio club is one that is open to all hams and being a resident of TV is not required. The reason for this is the fact that it is a public service organization.

VG
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.