Hang tags or handbills

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,245 Posts
Default Hang tags or handbills

A couple of days ago we found a hang tag on our door from FLORIDA ENERGY CONSERVATION ADVISORS, knowing nothing about this company, I did some investigations and stumbled on the BBB site. 11 complaints, 10 for hangtags, and they do NOT get it. According to them, NO SOLICITING
does NOT cover the use of hangtags or stop them from placing these on houses.

The problem is that if the hangtag is there for a few days it becomes an advertisement that no one is home. I just collected 2 of these from houses that I know are vacant.

Lets get together and tell the entity that posts the NO SOLICITING signs to change these to include NO HANDBILLS. Anyone know the specific entity to contact?

What do you think? (Please do not shoot the messenger)
Old 01-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

I would prefer to see no handbills, door hangers or ANYTHING, left on my door, front porch or ANY PART OF MY HOME. For homes that aren't occupied full time, these can have a tendency to build up and alert the less than honest people of TV to break in the home and steal from the honest Villagers.

Are "No Soliciting" signs allowed on the front doors of The Villages homes?
Old 01-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

There is a "No Soliciting" sign in the monthly HOA Newsletter that can be cut out and displayed.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,245 Posts

All, my point, the replies from this particular company states that "No Soliciting" signs do not block hand tags or hand bills, every complaint reply stated the same.
I was hoping to have the signs at the entrances changed to include the no handbills or hang tags to protect everyone.

And the more I think about it, there have been several other instances where flyers were stuck in the front door......
Old 01-25-2015, 01:23 PM
Veteran member

Because the majority of streets in TV are public, "No Soliciting" signs at entrances are just a friendly suggestion/request and have no enforcement basis either by the developer or county.

The counties do require licensing for door-to-door sales activity. And it is enforceable.

Is there any real difference between the tossing of monthly newsletters in our driveways and someone hanging door-hangers? I don't think there is.

If you don't want sales reps/door-hangers you will need to have a "No Trespassing" or "No Solicitation" sign on your private property. Problem is that sign may be a violation of your TV covenants.

We have chosen to worry more about getting a decent tee time.

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.