Happy For Chitty Chatty, Sad For Fenney, McClure, Desoto and Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2020, 07:29 AM

:bigbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
If you can afford it you should subscribe to the Daily Sun for updates on the bridges. keep in mind it's 7 miles from the center of Chitty Chatty to the center of Paddock Square via golf car, not a quick ride by any means. Don't feel sad about those of us in Fenney. Quite a few of us are not in any hurry to have the bridges opened and are quite happy living in a peaceful and quiet village. From our home to Publix at Lake Deaton is less than 10 minutes by car, in a golf car to get to Magnolia when it opens will also be 10 minutes, I'll choose driving in the car with the air on as I don't plan on buying or storing a huge cooler for refrigerated or frozen items to be transported in my golf car. Once all of the bridges are open it will be a long golf car ride from the village of Fenney to Paddock Square and again, I'll stick with my car and get there in less than 10 minutes. Not sad, not very sad, not sad at all.
Being sequestered on the other side of the Turnpike gives credence to the term “ fake Villager”.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:50 AM

Throughout my life, I was always told if you don’t like the situation you are in, change it. Everyone makes bad decisions but if you are not willing to change the situation, stop complaining. If you look down at your ankles, you will see there are no shackles on them. Nobody is forcing you to stay there. If you made a mistake in buying at Fenney, or any other village south of 44, move!! There are plenty of people who would be happy to live where you are. Stop bringing everyone down just because you are not happy. The Villages is a wonderful, beautiful place to live. If you are not happy, move.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:56 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

The “rusting” is a protective coating frequently used on guard rails and such so they are protected and do not shine “bright aluminum.”
Old 03-07-2020, 08:01 AM

Move north of 44... or be patient and wait..
Old 03-07-2020, 08:14 AM

The funny part about Chitty Chatty was that 1 year ago, that was all one big swamp! Whose says you can't sell swamp land in Florida and get a premium for it!
Old 03-07-2020, 08:14 AM

I am thankful for all the "family" and all the Villages has to offer. The new areas south of 44 will be just lovely with changing amenities. Be thankful and enjoy life, less complaining, you are blessed. Many sadly don't get this far in life.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
The bridge was designed to look rusted, SAD, you must not have any outside contact to know what’s going on. You seem to one of less than 10 that are so unhappy. Where is your home in the new area. Besides did you see the premium on the lots in chitty chatty.
We were over this week to sign off on our Designer Home in Marsh Bend, but having seen the lots in Chitty Chatty changed our minds and after 24 hours of nail biting in a que of people after lots secured one in Chitty Chatty with a magnificent view... and for $ 70k less than Marsh Bend... So in our view the Chitty Chatty lots were underpriced to get the development moving. Oh - and our lot is much much bigger than Marsh Bend, so we've been able to add more stretches, a 3 car garage and still save $ 40k. We call it luck, right place right time.

Sign up to GoldWingNuts productions and join our joy watching our home being built... and we will see you all in June when we will be the first Designer Home in the village to be completed.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:51 AM

We actually have a very nice new home in Marsh Bend, thank you. After renting for 4 months in the Village of Duval and having access to a golf cart, the pure pleasure of traveling in one is just that, a pure pleasure. Sometimes a 20 minute golf ride is good for the sole.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:59 AM

Loving my life in Marsh Bend. Best decision I made for me!
Old 03-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
We were over this week to sign off on our Designer Home in Marsh Bend, but having seen the lots in Chitty Chatty changed our minds and after 24 hours of nail biting in a que of people after lots secured one in Chitty Chatty with a magnificent view... and for $ 70k less than Marsh Bend... So in our view the Chitty Chatty lots were underpriced to get the development moving. Oh - and our lot is much much bigger than Marsh Bend, so we've been able to add more stretches, a 3 car garage and still save $ 40k. We call it luck, right place right time.

Sign up to GoldWingNuts productions and join our joy watching our home being built... and we will see you all in June when we will be the first Designer Home in the village to be completed.
You did good, I was looking at lots 94 and 95 that would have supported a 3 car garage, (I want a 4-car garage) did you end up with one of those as I know they were all sold in one day along that lake? If you bought on the Akin pond you have one of the nicest views down here and that will never change. Congratulations.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:47 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default Chatty and happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You did good, I was looking at lots 94 and 95 that would have supported a 3 car garage, (I want a 4-car garage) did you end up with one of those as I know they were all sold in one day along that lake? If you bought on the Akin pond you have one of the nicest views down here and that will never change. Congratulations.
Great! There seems to be something for everyone who moves to The Villages. The “better” lots seem to go very quickly when a new village opens up for sale. Isn’t it great that we don’t all like the same things...
Old 03-07-2020, 09:44 PM
Veteran member

Is the porta potty for rent or sale ?
Old 03-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

probably fabricated from corten steel if its rusted so soon
Weathering steel - Wikipedia
Old 03-08-2020, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I think you've hit the nail on the head. I think most people aren't stressing about connectivity. I think a few people stir the pot. "Squeaky wheel."
The thrill of the golf cart ride to points beyond will last, at most, for probably a couple of times for the pot stirrers.

I don't think The Developers are moved to react to the squeaky wheels on the turnpike bridge; FDOT holds all the oil in the can to grease those wheels.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
Throughout my life, I was always told if you don’t like the situation you are in, change it. Everyone makes bad decisions but if you are not willing to change the situation, stop complaining. If you look down at your ankles, you will see there are no shackles on them. Nobody is forcing you to stay there. If you made a mistake in buying at Fenney, or any other village south of 44, move!! There are plenty of people who would be happy to live where you are. Stop bringing everyone down just because you are not happy. The Villages is a wonderful, beautiful place to live. If you are not happy, move.
Closed Thread

Tags
sad, bridge, store, fenney, chatty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.