Happy For Chitty Chatty, Sad For Fenney, McClure, Desoto and Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2020, 09:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1031 View Post
The funny part about Chitty Chatty was that 1 year ago, that was all one big swamp! Whose says you can't sell swamp land in Florida and get a premium for it!
Actually, if you go to Google Earth Pro you will find that the area that has been/is being developed in Chitty Chatty has been pasture land going back as far as March 1994. The woodlands to the east and south are considered wetlands and are designated as a preserve in the land use permits.

The only thing close to "swamp" in the areas that have been developed in the last 6 years is the Hog Eye Sink area, which has been preserved.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwick2112@yahoo.com View Post
Unbelievable to discover that the newest area Chitty Chatty, will have bridge access to Brownwood, a grocery store, banking and a drug store, all by golf cart, before those who bought a house in Fenney three years ago. The Morse Family has provided no definite time table when the rusting bridge over the turnpike will be installed or weed grown Magnolia Plaza will start development. Sad, very sad.
i think you are posting your gripes to wrong site. there's nothing that can be done for you here. best to sell whatever you own & move out
Old 03-08-2020, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
We were over this week to sign off on our Designer Home in Marsh Bend, but having seen the lots in Chitty Chatty changed our minds and after 24 hours of nail biting in a que of people after lots secured one in Chitty Chatty with a magnificent view... and for $ 70k less than Marsh Bend... So in our view the Chitty Chatty lots were underpriced to get the development moving. Oh - and our lot is much much bigger than Marsh Bend, so we've been able to add more stretches, a 3 car garage and still save $ 40k. We call it luck, right place right time.

Sign up to GoldWingNuts productions and join our joy watching our home being built... and we will see you all in June when we will be the first Designer Home in the village to be completed.
how exciting! i'm very happy for you, welcome home.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:49 PM
Thumbs up YOU my friend are 100% correct.

With all the wonderful benefits of living in the Villages - I am not going to focus on "connectivity as the be all and end all of my HAPPINESS! Golf carts are great fun - but not the best way to go shopping!
Old 03-10-2020, 08:41 AM

I care a lot more about Magnolia Plaza being completely inactive for the better part of half a year now than I do about the bridges.
Closed Thread

Tags
sad, bridge, store, fenney, chatty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.