HAPPY Independence Day in The Villages!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 06:40 AM
Veteran member

Default HAPPY Independence Day in The Villages!

Unfortunately, in some ways one wouldn't quite know it. In so many areas around TV, including my 'hood many folks didn't put out flags. Easy to see that patriotism is waning across the country... and sadly even in our Villages. Can't some folks show their pride and thankfulness for our GREAT country despite their personal issues with you-know-who?

If you do respond to this - DO NOT make it political. But, why else would folks NOT put out their flags etc.

sad

Old 07-04-2019, 06:51 AM
Sage

In my hood half the people aren't here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2019, 06:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Unfortunately, in some ways one wouldn't quite know it. In so many areas around TV, including my 'hood many folks didn't put out flags. Easy to see that patriotism is waning across the country... and sadly even in our Villages. Can't some folks show their pride and thankfulness for our GREAT country despite their personal issues with you-know-who?

If you do respond to this - DO NOT make it political. But, why else would folks NOT put out their flags etc.

sad
Old 07-04-2019, 06:58 AM

In my Hood, on the North End of The Villages, Flags are flying everywhere. When you drive down the streets, as far as you can see there are Flags flying along the Curbs. Patriotism is alive and well on the North End!
Old 07-04-2019, 06:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny70 View Post
In my Hood, on the North End of The Villages, Flags are flying everywhere. When you drive down the streets, as far as you can see there are Flags flying along the Curbs. Patriotism is alive and well on the North End!
I agree! Happy 4th.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:02 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Putting a flag (or 20 flags) in your front yard, WITHOUT PROPER LIGHTING, does not indicate patriotism or the lack there of.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:03 AM
Sage

"Patriotism" is NOT waning. My little village has very few flags and usually you cannot see the curb for the flags up and down each street. But, I do think this is a way in which people can show their dismay. This too shall pass .............

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-04-2019, 07:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
In my hood half the people aren't here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Snow birds and people enjoying their grand kids some where other than the Villages.

I have our 13 little flags out as do many of the neighbors. Big and small US flags. Some with lighting, most without.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post

sad
If You Know Who Is Who I Think It Is Then The Flag Is an Important Issue and I thank you for bringing it up, but I Know Who Already Made This Political By Typing You Know Who!

Several years ago people who spent plenty and lined their property with our Flag's were reprimanded for putting the Flags to close to the ground. Maybe this has something to do with it. Our neighborhood flies The Flag on modest Flagpoles year round. I just upgraded to the one that I can at least fly at half mast when needed. There is even a better flagpole that has the rope for raising and lowering the flag inside.

Happy Fourth Of July DeanFl!
Old 07-04-2019, 07:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
If You Know Who Is Who I Think It Is Then The Flag Is an Important Issue and I thank you for bringing it up, but I Know Who Already Made This Political By Typing You Know Who!

Several years ago people who spent plenty and lined their property with our Flag's were reprimanded for putting the Flags to close to the ground. Maybe this has something to do with it. Our neighborhood flies The Flag on modest Flagpoles year round. I just upgraded to the one that I can at least fly at half mast when needed. There is even a better flagpole that has the rope for raising and lowering the flag inside.

Happy Fourth Of July DeanFl!

Tags
folks, put, country, flags, villages