Happy to report CDD violations...

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2020, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,507 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Both of those exceptions were , I believe, imposed by the Florida legislature after the deed restrictions were recorded. So your examples are inappropriately described. Show me a case where the deed restrictions in the Villages were not upheld by the courts other than those that were preempted by subsequent laws.
Irrelevant. The deed restrictions still forbid homeowners from putting up clotheslines and antennae on their roofs. New homeowners get these restrictions, sign to abide by them, and are expected to obey deed restrictions.

My point is - that isn't always true. It currently isn't true. They CANNOT be expected to abide by some of those currently-existing deed restrictions that they signed to obey, because the Villages and CDD are not ALLOWED by law to enforce them. I'll bet there's no addenda sent to new homeowners to let them know about that.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetwisted2 View Post
Tried to get a permit to widen my driveway 4 feet at my patio villa, I was told 2 ft was the maximum allowed. There are around 7 driveways in my neighborhood that have exceeded the 2 ft maximum and look nice. I am going to have mine widen 2 ft and live by their rules.
Maybe widen it 2 ft on each side, lol. JUST KIDDING, trying to lighten up this subject!
Old 08-26-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Actually in a way I agree with you that someone has to enforce deed restrictions. But it wouldn’t be me unless it was a serious violation.
Totally agree ! If there is some really serious problem, but I've been here so long I've found when something is that profound, something has happened; a death, bankruptcy, serious illness and no one knew that person was in a hospital out of the area, etc. etc. By "trolls", I think people who, for lack of entertainment, go out and look for a small cross, or a flag, a for sale sign (other than if the for sale sign is a villages one), or some small offensive garden ornament or plant container. There are those types of people too..... not me, I have far too much work to do in my own home and yard to go try to "catch" my neighbors doing some forbidden offense.. LOL, or even "trolling" to find people not wearing masks, or just plain enjoying themselves with friends. But, I guess in China there is a payoff to it, some say they get a "reward" for turning in "offenders", who knows. My humble opinion, when people fill out complaints with name, phone, address, etc, it WILL be for a very serious situation, not a small white cross or a garden ornament.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Irrelevant. The deed restrictions still forbid homeowners from putting up clotheslines and antennae on their roofs. New homeowners get these restrictions, sign to abide by them, and are expected to obey deed restrictions.

My point is - that isn't always true. It currently isn't true. They CANNOT be expected to abide by some of those currently-existing deed restrictions that they signed to obey, because the Villages and CDD are not ALLOWED by law to enforce them. I'll bet there's no addenda sent to new homeowners to let them know about that.
The fact that you dont accept the answer is irrelevant . Those restrictions that have not been preempted by law are still fully enforceable.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It should be illegal to have invalid/illegal clauses in deed restrictions. And a buyer should be able to take the deed restrictions to a lawyer to line out any invalid restrictions.
Things like the clothesline and antenna issues are well known. Having them in there only intimidates ignorant buyers.
The recent growing food in front yards law ought to force some changes to deed restrictions.

Tags
report, people, call, trolls, violations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.