Happy to report CDD violations...

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2020, 08:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Happy to report CDD violations...

I will happily report and violations that occur when I see them. I have no problem using my full name and address.

If you don't agree then just don't violate the deed restrictions you agreed to when buying your house.

This isn't rocket science. There are people who don't like those who report them or others. They seem to feel it's their right even though they signed on the dotted line without coercion. They call people "troll's"...accuse them of being power hungry. The fact is they're in the wrong and don't like being called to account.

Perhaps moving to Seattle, LA, Detroit, DC or any other metropolitan area would be preferable.

I love it here and hope the "trolls" continue to act even if it means giving their name/address. If you have trouble with those that whine just give a call out. The common sense people will help you.

Fred Clark
Old 08-25-2020, 08:35 PM
John41

Actually in a way I agree with you that someone has to enforce deed restrictions. But it wouldn’t be me unless it was a serious violation.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I will happily report and violations that occur when I see them. I have no problem using my full name and address.

If you don't agree then just don't violate the deed restrictions you agreed to when buying your house.

This isn't rocket science. There are people who don't like those who report them or others. They seem to feel it's their right even though they signed on the dotted line without coercion. They call people "troll's"...accuse them of being power hungry. The fact is they're in the wrong and don't like being called to account.

Perhaps moving to Seattle, LA, Detroit, DC or any other metropolitan area would be preferable.

I love it here and hope the "trolls" continue to act even if it means giving their name/address. If you have trouble with those that whine just give a call out. The common sense people will help you.

Fred Clark

That’s fine in you’re own district.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:14 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Actually in a way I agree with you that someone has to enforce deed restrictions. But it wouldn’t be me unless it was a serious violation.
So you are OK with SOME violations unless you consider them to be serious?

What's minor to some may be major to others. How about we all just comply with the covenants we agreed to?
Old 08-25-2020, 09:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
That’s fine in you’re own district.
So it's OK to complain about deed violations only "in you’re own district" but rag about apartments all over The Villages. Isn't that hypocritical?
Old 08-25-2020, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Always nice to have people informing on their neighbors. Great way to make friends and influence people.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Always nice to have people informing on their neighbors. Great way to make friends and influence people.
You mean neighbors who break the covenants and restrictions we all agreed to?

What should someone do if say, a neighbor puts in an above ground metal pool? Or puts a car up on blocks. Is that OK or should you be able to report it to a deed violation department?
Old 08-26-2020, 12:03 AM
Veteran member

I'm of two minds about it. There are 2-3 houses on my block that are out of compliance. On an esthetic level, I don't care and have never submitted a complaint. But on a philosophical level, I'd much rather that everyone stick to the rules and not shift the responsibility for their misdeeds onto others.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:51 AM

Of all the worthwhile things in life to do it Seems a WASTE Of Life’s short time to go around neighborhood Looking to start trouble. They used to call such folks busybodies. Now it’s trolls.
May i suggest you spend time wisely on this Earth helping someone in a grief group at church get through loss of spouse Etc. OR offer a disabled neighbor help with getting groceries, or small cleanup OR go through your own closets/garage to give Items to Goodwill.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:52 AM

Quote:

Fred Clark
As it should be.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:59 AM

Quote:

Fred Clark
Actually, Detroit is nice and pleasant this time of year. Plenty of housing available. Seattle is paradise, along with Portland.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:05 AM

Nice way of saying Mind your own business!
Old 08-26-2020, 05:51 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

We do not live near any deed restrictions and we are not guilty of any, nor do we intend to be.

But I have to say that when we bought, I naively thought that TV had staff whose job it was to spot and give notice to violators. (Silly me. That would dig into profit.)

I have a feeling this new decision could result in things getting ugly — literally ugly and figuratively ugly.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:

Fred Clark
We see your full name. What about your address?

When we first started looking at homes in The Villages we really wanted to live in Sanibel. Looks like we dodged a bullet by buying elsewhere.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:55 AM

JUST SO YOU KNOW.....
CDD 5 supervisors vote to end anonymous complaint system.
I guess you’ll have to find something else to occupy your time. I suggest daily weeding of your property and cutting your lawn with scissors.
Closed Thread

Tags
report, people, call, trolls, violations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.