Grout

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Gold member
Default Grout

I was going thru my garage and noticed a bag of grout. I don't know how I got that unless it was left by people who laid bricks in my driveway. In any case I don't need this grout so if anyone wants it you're welcome to it. I think it's about a 5 or 10 lb. bag. I certainly don't think I can use it.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 06-18-2011, 09:05 PM

Most likely that grout was left there by the builder. I also found a bag in my garage after moving in. It matches the grout used for the kitchen and bathroom tile. I've used it to repair a couple of small cracks that showed up. I'd keep it if I were you.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Sage

I'm sure it's grout left by the builder for either your walls or floors. Keep it, it might be needed. Grout settles and cracks can appear. We purchased our home in April, moved in - October. House settling caused cracks in floor grout. Repairs were made quickly by TV and having the grout available made it go faster...
Old 06-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
I'm sure it's grout left by the builder for either your walls or floors. Keep it, it might be needed. Grout settles and cracks can appear. We purchased our home in April, moved in - October. House settling caused cracks in floor grout. Repairs were made quickly by TV and having the grout available made it go faster...
I've been in this house for over 6 years and can't find any cracks. I will keep the grout.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 06-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
I've been in this house for over 6 years and can't find any cracks. I will keep the grout.

John
No cracks? Wonderful! I've got a few more and guess that the extra grout is going to be used again!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.