Happy and sad

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
The feeling of sadness will be transitional. Before we moved to The Villages, our son and his family alway lived thousands of miles away. We moved and suddenly, we lived about 2 hours from them. It's been wonderful for the past 5 years....and now, they are moving. Having my son, my daughter in law and my two grandchildren nearby has been so much fun. We'd visit them, they'd visit us, it was GREAT. Now, they're heading back to Chicago. Thank goodness for FACETIME and Skype....and e-mail and telephones. I'm going to miss them terribly, but now that we're retired, it's not such a difficult thing to hop on a plane or take a drive. We're used to that...after flying and driving from one coast to another to visit, a trip to Chicago is a piece of cake. You'll be saying the same thing very soon.

Welcome home!
Pooh, I hope your son and his family will be Cubs fans . Don't know if you've ever been to Chicago, but from May through October it is a very nice place to visit. Tons of things to see and do. Now December through March in Chicago can be another story...
Old 06-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Veteran member

Ladydoc,

It sounds as though you will make a perfect Villager. Lots to do here but most people here do have family elsewhere, too. My wife and I have found so many new friends here. The Villages is a truly great place to live and to be happy. Hope to meet you once you are moved into this slice of Heaven.

Is your husband also on the TOTV forum under a different name?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.