Has anyone bought after one visit and regretted later?

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Talking Still smiling

We visited over the course of three days, went home to NY, went onlline and found our TARA and closed in 4 weeks and moved in on closing day.
Oh. Did I mention......CLOSING DAY was 46hours ago. No kidding.
Life events brought us to this place in life. My husband had a cancer scare and when the doc said.... It's scarring from repeatedly breaking ribs when you were young and crazy, diving for line drives'. That was the day of decision and he decided to LIVE; hence our move here to TV. Surviving eye cancer gets your attention and he looks at things a bit differently now; no pun intended. So, I bet we are here for the long haul and I am thrilled to be here with my best pal. We are only here for a visit and we hope for a long visit. Best of luck.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN & JOSIE View Post
Just wondering if anyone, after just one lifestyle visit, moved to The Villages and regretted it later. Was one visit enough? Should you have visited more often before making the big decision? I hear of people visiting for years before moving there. Do you think that is the wise thing to do? Thanks
First heard of TV in July of last year, first visited in August, bought dirt and picked out a house on that visit, went home and put our house on the market, sold our house four days after it was listed and moved here in January of this year. We have not had a moment of regret. The timing was perfect for us. If the timing is right for you, you will not have a moment if regret. Best wishes on whatever decision you make.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:19 PM

The only regret I have in moving to The Villages is that Ground Hog Day no longer has any significance.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Veteran member
Default regrets

I must say almost everyone who leaves here, it is outside conflicts, not things that happened here. I have known a few that leave and move to another area outside the villages. There is not much here to dislike. Life is not perfect, but this is pretty good. I really think most people blame TV, with the idea of saving face, with personal issues causing there regrets.
Making the decesion, is like shaving your legs, once you do it feels soooo good.. ENJOY
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default SPOTD Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsanborn View Post
The only regret I have in moving to The Villages is that Ground Hog Day no longer has any significance.
You, my dear former Wheatfield neighbor, definitely get the Swimdawg Post of the Day Award!

And yes, I am a little jealous.....because I do keep an eye on Dunkirk Dave....our Western New York version of Punxsutawney Phil.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.