Creative Concierge Disaster

Closed Thread
Unread 05-04-2021, 10:05 AM
Default Creative Concierge Disaster

Creative Concierge sent a 2005 car with a broken air conditioner to pick up two seniors for an airport transfer. The driver contacted the owner after we complained and they said that no other cars were available to take it or leave it. We had no options at the point due to time so arrived at the airport after a one hour ride in 90 degree weather soaking wet and feeling unwell due to the heat and concerned that the car could beak down at any point. We are still waiting for a call from the owners with an explanation or apology and the promised refund on our prepaid transfer. This is irresponsible and dangerous treatment of seniors. Do not use this company.
Unread 05-04-2021, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

They don't sound too "creative." If it's Orlando you are talking about there is a scheduled Villages shuttle bus to/from the airport. Probably when you realized the conditions you should have told them never mind and taken the bus.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Unread 05-04-2021, 12:35 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Second complaint in just a few days, the other one got to the airport and no ride, told them to call Uber to get home. I don't think I would trust them or their cars. I'll stick with Workman's, 4 years with them and never a problem.
Unread 05-04-2021, 03:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Second complaint in just a few days, the other one got to the airport and no ride, told them to call Uber to get home. I don't think I would trust them or their cars. I'll stick with Workman's, 4 years with them and never a problem.
I could be wrong, but I don’t think Workman’s has been a thing for 4 years yet.
Unread 05-04-2021, 06:36 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I could be wrong, but I don’t think Workman’s has been a thing for 4 years yet.
They have but they were using The Villages Transportation name until a couple years ago, same private owners. Either way they have been very good over the last 4 years..
Unread 05-05-2021, 05:23 AM

I have always used the Villages Airport Van. Always on time and always cold AC.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Unread 05-05-2021, 06:59 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan243@aol.com View Post
Creative Concierge sent a 2005 car with a broken air conditioner to pick up two seniors for an airport transfer. The driver contacted the owner after we complained and they said that no other cars were available to take it or leave it. We had no options at the point due to time so arrived at the airport after a one hour ride in 90 degree weather soaking wet and feeling unwell due to the heat and concerned that the car could beak down at any point. We are still waiting for a call from the owners with an explanation or apology and the promised refund on our prepaid transfer. This is irresponsible and dangerous treatment of seniors. Do not use this company.
I sympathize with you remembering being forced to go on vacation, driving to Florida in the mid 60’s (July) with no A/C for 3 days the horror.
Unread 05-05-2021, 07:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

We have used creative concierge for 3 years, and last used them 3 weeks ago round trip. Always on time and drivers were very nice. A Cadillac was always the car either sedan or suv.

Wondering if they lost their drivers, like many businesses just can’t get help. I am surprised that the owner, who lives in TV is not responding. We did use the villages transport, now workman since 2007. But their first bus out was never early enough, so started using private.

Will have to investigate as we have family coming first of June.
Unread 05-05-2021, 01:53 PM

The last time I used Workman's, to take us to the airport they left us off in the lower level of the B Terminal. Since we were going on Southwest which is located at the far end of the A Terminal the hike with our bags was exhausting.

They used to drop at both the A and B Sections of the Airport Terminal.

They do pick up arrivals at both the A and B Terminals.

I was going to use Creative Concierge in June so we could be dropped at the Southwest arrival area. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Last edited by OCsun; 05-05-2021 at 02:54 PM.
Unread 05-05-2021, 05:39 PM
Sage
Default Dave’s Airport Transportation.

We were loyal patrons of Workman Transportation and recently switched to Dave’s Transportation. They are top notch...private car. We liked Workman, but the private car is nice and you don’t have to wait for Dave’s Transportation like you do Workman. When you are ready to be picked up at the airport, Dave’s is right there to pick you up. 352-223-4696. Polite drivers, clean cars and great communication.
Unread 05-05-2021, 06:37 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan243@aol.com View Post
And from listening to a variety of network news today I think we can expect more of this. Many even reported on the serious inability of police departments to both repair old cars or order new ones (police and other fleets who needed replacements in January, "may", get them this fall, "possibly"). Cabs, ride shares, etc. I think we are going to see this increase as people attempt to run their businesses but are unable to get repairs or replacements... same with appliances small to larger... not to mention no chlorine for pools yet now "selling" for 3X the price one year ago. No AC in cabs or any type of public transportation, Cuba coming to Florida I guess. They should have provided chilled water just as a safety precaution to protect themselves from legal issues !

Last edited by Pairadocs; 05-05-2021 at 06:42 PM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

Tags
creative, airport, point, concierge, transfer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.