Has the Developer made Significant Charitable Contributions

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr winston o boogie jr View Post
does anyone really think that "build out" will ever be done?

nope!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Who is Mr. Morris?
It was late and I was falling to sleep...clearly, not at my best. Humor is best left to the fully awake.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 AM

I think the original question was one of curiosity, not to pick a fight. While I wouldn't google anyone about their contributions, some would. While the Morse family may or may not have not made "charitable" contributions to major organizations, they certainly have reinvested in this community to insure we have medical care close to us - among many other things.
As for me, I'm personally DONE giving my money to any organization. For instance, the American Cancer Society has many public fundraising events. Rather than give to an organization that is going to skim off large percentages to their staff, I will find someone who has cancer and give my money directly to them.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
He should get a dog and bring it to Doggie Doo Run Run. Unless he already has one.
I have met a lot of very interesting people at DDRR since I started taking my dog there around January of 2007.
Some of these dog owners come from various Dell Webb communities as well as other suburbs that surround the Villages. Some of these are very attractive single females but there of course is competition for others seeking company via the dog park routine. I go for the pooch though as you do not want to poop where you eat so to speak. If the romance goes bad....

The Villages could do with some larger dog parks that is something that certainly needs doing by the Morses.

Gee Wiz is right that the Villages is far from perfect but it is a Utopia for some especially those who love to golf, get up early, and go to bed by 10 p.m. or so.
Our dog would certainly be willing to volunteer to accompany GeeWiz to DDRR and act as chick magnet. Just think of it--no dog food to buy, no vet bills, no groomer costs, and if any subsequent romance goes bad... well, just don't show up anymore.

And yes, we do need a DDRR South. Even a private one. I would pay to play.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyisle View Post
I think the original question was one of curiosity, not to pick a fight. While I wouldn't google anyone about their contributions, some would. While the Morse family may or may not have not made "charitable" contributions to major organizations, they certainly have reinvested in this community to insure we have medical care close to us - among many other things.
As for me, I'm personally DONE giving my money to any organization. For instance, the American Cancer Society has many public fundraising events. Rather than give to an organization that is going to skim off large percentages to their staff, I will find someone who has cancer and give my money directly to them.
There are still some ethical, well-run, low overhead charities in existence. You can check out a charity's financial health at sites like this one Charity Navigator - Financial Ratings Tables.

I like to support local charities like food banks and supper houses if they are well run. You get a better chance to see where your money goes.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Does anyone really think that "build out" will ever be done?
Commercial "build out" will continue after 2015, however, residential will be complete by the end of 2015. This is according to a good knowledgeable source that I trust. It makes sense because they will run out of land that is contiguous to TV. Sorry off the subject to answer a question.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Several posts for that matter off the subject of this thread the last coluple of pages. It appears to me everyone has given their opinion and it's time to close the thread.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
The question was raised in another thread about whether or not the Developer had made some contributions for the good of humanity as a whole such as building a new school or hospital which will not directly benefit themselves financially other than maybe being named after them. The post went on to say that maybe we would all feel better if we knew more about the generosity shown by the Developer when it did not directly benefit him/them.

I have never heard about the Morses supporting a charity, and am really curious if they do so. We hear so much about the 4 jets he owns, the multi million dollar yacht, his ownership of the Villages banks, local newspaper, a television channel and an AM radio station. His realty company controls 60 percent of the re-sale market in the Villages. He even owns the utility company. And before someone jumps in and says he deserves it all, he's such a wonderful businessman, don't bother. I agree - he knows his financial P's and Q's. That's not what this post is about. But why do we hear nothing about charitable contributions? The guy is supposedly worth $2.5 billion. If we Google other billionaires we see plenty of charity donations - look at Gates, Buffet. Bloomberg, Ted Turner, and others. But I can't come up with a single charitable donation from the Morses.
THAT IS BETWEEN HIM AND GOD......... WE ALL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR OUR DEEDS ON EARTH SOMEDAY...... HIS MONEY, HE CAN DO WITH AS HE FEELS FIT. IT SHOULD NOT CONCERN US. SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO RETIRE, AND STOP BEING CONCERNED ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES MONEY. ............. ITS CALLED BEING NOSEY..........
Old 03-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Commercial "build out" will continue after 2015, however, residential will be complete by the end of 2015. This is according to a good knowledgeable source that I trust. It makes sense because they will run out of land that is contiguous to TV. Sorry off the subject to answer a question.
What about the 2,000 acres right in the middle just north of Gracie, I mean 466? Never say never.

Xavier
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIPAS K-9 View Post
THAT IS BETWEEN HIM AND GOD......... WE ALL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR OUR DEEDS ON EARTH SOMEDAY...... HIS MONEY, HE CAN DO WITH AS HE FEELS FIT. IT SHOULD NOT CONCERN US. SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO RETIRE, AND STOP BEING CONCERNED ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES MONEY. ............. ITS CALLED BEING NOSEY..........
I agree with this response!! I'd bet my last child that they do many charitable donations that don't get publized. Folks with integrity, especially will do things anonymously! JMHO!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.