Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Have a GARBAGE question (I mean a question ABOUT garbage!) :) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/have-garbage-question-i-mean-question-about-garbage-221849/)

Nucky 12-11-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1332279)
Thanks! That covers it all. :)

Looking for pre-owned - fast close - cash deal - furnished or turnkey under $170K (how far under depends on how it is "equipped"/how little we need to add to or do to it). :)

We're not taking any furniture with us. We've sold most off as of now.

Ed, registration on the car was under $200 for the first year with personalized plates and we were out of the Tax Collector's Office in 15 minutes and there was no prison next door and you don't even risk your life going there and nobody growled at us inside, the nice lady called me sir. Driver's license is for 8 years not 3 or 4. No stopping in Atlantic City once you get the proceeds. Plenty of nice furniture stores here new or used. Hang in there good things are coming your way.

EdFNJ 12-11-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1332309)
And the best feeling is scraping the NJ inspection & registration sticker from your windshields--welcome to freedom and especially tax freedom, and 2nd amendment freedom

I'm looking forward to everything other than the last part. I plan on flipping Gov Christie the bird on the way down the turnpike! :D

EdFNJ 12-11-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1332358)
Ed, registration on the car was under $200 for the first year with personalized plates and we were out of the Tax Collector's Office in 15 minutes and there was no prison next door and you don't even risk your life going there and nobody growled at us inside, the nice lady called me sir. Driver's license is for 8 years not 3 or 4. No stopping in Atlantic City once you get the proceeds. Plenty of nice furniture stores here new or used. Hang in there good things are coming your way.

I love your messages! They always make me smile! We just sold my wife's car (that will finance most of my golf cart) and the folks who bought it spent over 2hrs waiting to get it registered. I'll miss Rahway DMV, I mean MVC.

Do we need to take the drivers test to get FL license?

Nucky 12-11-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1332379)
I love your messages! They always make me smile! We just sold my wife's car (that will finance most of my golf cart) and the folks who bought it spent over 2hrs waiting to get it registered. I'll miss Rahway DMV, I mean MVC.

Do we need to take the drivers test to get FL license?

Nope no driver's test but be prepared when you get here to encounter many places like the Bayway Circle. The only difference is many don't get the hang of negotiating them in TV and you have to be on high alert when driving here. :pray: Turn in your EZ-Pass, I forgot.

Chatbrat 12-11-2016 01:05 PM

You & your wife are going to need birth certificates, marriage certificate, proof of Fl residence- in order to get your Fl license, proof of insurance & title in order to register vehicle-there is a one time impact charge/per car--it is transferable to any new acquisitions

EdFNJ 12-11-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1332387)
Nope no driver's test but be prepared when you get here to encounter many places like the Bayway Circle. The only difference is many don't get the hang of negotiating them in TV and you have to be on high alert when driving here. :pray: Turn in your EZ-Pass, I forgot.

Yea, don't forget we spent a month down there and probably found every circle, I mean ROTARY in the 50 sq miles. My wife is from Bahston where they invented the "rotary."

bbbbbb 12-11-2016 09:04 PM

garbage etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1331791)
We'll be moving down next month (don't know where yet :D ) and wondering how the garbage pickup situation is in TV. Do they take "ANYTHING" on "garbage day?"

Is there a separate day for trash pickup like old appliances, tons of cardboard from unpacking, old furniture etc etc or do you have to hire your own private WM person?

Basically what do you do when you move in (or out for that matter)?

Hi probably best to check with the Village Offices because it will vary on different areas and different days. Get it direct from them, the do a good job on Questions etc.

bbbbbb :pepper2:

VillagerNut 12-12-2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker Dog (Post 1332312)
Did not know they take tires and batteries on twice yearly recycle days. When and where are the twice yearly recycle days held?:wave:

You have to watch the newspaper so the next one will be during the snowbird season. There are no set dates that they do it. You may also be able to call waste management and ask them when the next one will be because they may know.