Have a GARBAGE question (I mean a question ABOUT garbage!) :)

Have a GARBAGE question (I mean a question ABOUT garbage!) :)

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 08:50 PM

I am not sure that anybody exactly answered your question. Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday are the scheduled trash days here. You can call first thing in the morning after you put out a very large item out at the curb and they will come pick it up. Yes they will take almost everything including TV's except refrigerators and freezers unless they have been certified the Freon has been removed. It is easier to let the business take the old appliances then to get it certified the Freon is removed. They will not take any kind of tires or car batteries. These items can be gotten rid of during the twice a year recycle days. You use black or white trash bags for regular trash. Clear bags for recycled trash. And paper lawn bags for any type of yard waste like grass our tree clippings for Weds pickup in addition to the other two days.. Cardboard boxes need to be broken down and they should be put out on your recycle day so they do not end up in the dump instead of the recycle center. Hopefully that helps! Are you looking for a new home or a preowned here?

Old 12-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Gold member

Thanks! That covers it all.

Looking for pre-owned - fast close - cash deal - furnished or turnkey under $170K (how far under depends on how it is "equipped"/how little we need to add to or do to it).

We're not taking any furniture with us. We've sold most off as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagerNut View Post
I am not sure that anybody exactly answered your question. Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday are the scheduled trash days here. You can call first thing in the morning after you put out a very large item out at the curb and they will come pick it up. Yes they will take almost everything including TV's except refrigerators and freezers unless they have been certified the Freon has been removed. It is easier to let the business take the old appliances then to get it certified the Freon is removed. They will not take any kind of tires or car batteries. These items can be gotten rid of during the twice a year recycle days. You use black or white trash bags for regular trash. Clear bags for recycled trash. And paper lawn bags for any type of yard waste like grass our tree clippings for Weds pickup in addition to the other two days.. Cardboard boxes need to be broken down and they should be put out on your recycle day so they do not end up in the dump instead of the recycle center. Hopefully that helps! Are you looking for a new home or a preowned here?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2016, 06:20 AM
Sage

And the best feeling is scraping the NJ inspection & registration sticker from your windshields--welcome to freedom and especially tax freedom, and 2nd amendment freedom
Old 12-11-2016, 06:28 AM
Sage

Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
And the best feeling is scraping the NJ inspection & registration sticker from your windshields--welcome to freedom and especially tax freedom, and 2nd amendment freedom
I've left my expired NY inspection and registration stickers right where they were, as a daily reminder that I am NOT there. Another 2 feet of snow today scheduled to fall, after 32 inches just before Thanksgiving. I'll be on the golf course instead of shoveling.
Twice yearly recycle days
Old 12-11-2016, 06:33 AM
Veteran member

Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Default Twice yearly recycle days

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagerNut View Post
They will not take any kind of tires or car batteries. These items can be gotten rid of during the twice a year recycle days.
Did not know they take tires and batteries on twice yearly recycle days. When and where are the twice yearly recycle days held?
Old 12-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Thanks! That covers it all.

Looking for pre-owned - fast close - cash deal - furnished or turnkey under $170K (how far under depends on how it is "equipped"/how little we need to add to or do to it).

We're not taking any furniture with us. We've sold most off as of now.
Ed, registration on the car was under $200 for the first year with personalized plates and we were out of the Tax Collector's Office in 15 minutes and there was no prison next door and you don't even risk your life going there and nobody growled at us inside, the nice lady called me sir. Driver's license is for 8 years not 3 or 4. No stopping in Atlantic City once you get the proceeds. Plenty of nice furniture stores here new or used. Hang in there good things are coming your way.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
I'm looking forward to everything other than the last part. I plan on flipping Gov Christie the bird on the way down the turnpike!
Old 12-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Ed, registration on the car was under $200 for the first year with personalized plates and we were out of the Tax Collector's Office in 15 minutes and there was no prison next door and you don't even risk your life going there and nobody growled at us inside, the nice lady called me sir. Driver's license is for 8 years not 3 or 4. No stopping in Atlantic City once you get the proceeds. Plenty of nice furniture stores here new or used. Hang in there good things are coming your way.
I love your messages! They always make me smile! We just sold my wife's car (that will finance most of my golf cart) and the folks who bought it spent over 2hrs waiting to get it registered. I'll miss Rahway DMV, I mean MVC.

Do we need to take the drivers test to get FL license?
Old 12-11-2016, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I love your messages! They always make me smile! We just sold my wife's car (that will finance most of my golf cart) and the folks who bought it spent over 2hrs waiting to get it registered. I'll miss Rahway DMV, I mean MVC.

Do we need to take the drivers test to get FL license?
Nope no driver's test but be prepared when you get here to encounter many places like the Bayway Circle. The only difference is many don't get the hang of negotiating them in TV and you have to be on high alert when driving here. Turn in your EZ-Pass, I forgot.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Sage

You & your wife are going to need birth certificates, marriage certificate, proof of Fl residence- in order to get your Fl license, proof of insurance & title in order to register vehicle-there is a one time impact charge/per car--it is transferable to any new acquisitions
Closed Thread

Tags
garbage, pickup, day, question, unpacking