Have You used take out

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
I would think a doctor would tell you to stay home and make your own food, Everytime you leave your house your taking a chance of coming in contact with this virus. Everyone's comfort level is different. If you want to go out fine, follow guidelines and be safe..
That same doctor would most likely tell you not to touch your delivered newspaper or the plastic bag it came in.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Don't have the guts to use take out from any restaurant, during this crisis

Wonder why Wawa is still being allowed to serve coffee--their carafe style dispensers, are not designed for sanitation--meaning -multiple people can use them before they are cleaned
I was at Wawa on 441 today and they have one employee assigned to filling your coffee order. They put in the cream, sugar and pour your coffee. Custiomers cannot touch the urns
Old 03-22-2020, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I respect the decisions of those who posted before me and I really do like the places they have mentioned to eat.

What if one of the people in the chain that it took to deliver and cook that food is sick? I have had the thought about going out to get take out but have thought it through and its not the correct thing for me or my wife. I have to fight the feeling. I know it isn't easy but if I were you I would fight the feeling.

Good question Chatbrat, you may have saved someone. Bravo.

Totally agree, I can’t justify isolating and giving up our lifestyle to be safe and then risk all the precautions we have taken to get food prepared and packaged by total strangers, who may have not taken the same precautions. It just does not make any sense! And I am not going to spray my food with a disinfectant before I dine. For the foreseeable future we will be preparing all of our meals ourselves.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:15 PM

We do not eat out more than 5 times a month and will be going to do take out at as many places as we can to support the hard working people that provide us with the lifestyle we have here. Support them and make them see the gratitude we have. Tip as if you were sitting in the seat. Take it and put it in the microwave or oven if you are worried about the virus. There are people that need our support. Help them!
Old 03-22-2020, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Don't have the guts to use take out from any restaurant, during this crisis

Wonder why Wawa is still being allowed to serve coffee--their carafe style dispensers, are not designed for sanitation--meaning -multiple people can use them before they are cleaned
Same for PANERA. All the coffee and milk dispensers are used by everyone. REALLY DUMB. Oh, but they hide the sugar packets because everyone reaches in to take them! We used a napkin to dispense the coffee but no one else was.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:29 AM
Gold member

https://foodsafety.ces.ncsu.edu/wp-c...kZVRrkImfYjsT0
Old 03-23-2020, 04:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
That same doctor would most likely tell you not to touch your delivered newspaper or the plastic bag it came in.
Absolutely, and I wouldn't unless absolutely necessary..( I don't get the paper though)
Old 03-23-2020, 04:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
We do not eat out more than 5 times a month and will be going to do take out at as many places as we can to support the hard working people that provide us with the lifestyle we have here. Support them and make them see the gratitude we have. Tip as if you were sitting in the seat. Take it and put it in the microwave or oven if you are worried about the virus. There are people that need our support. Help them!
That is very noble of you but is it worth the risk to your health? Better to just send them money to distribute to the help and cook at home. Look at the risk to benifit.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I am picking up an uncooke lasagna at Giovannis tomorrow.
Closed Thread

Tags
carafe, style, dispensers, designed, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.