Having all floors replaced in house

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2020, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

thank you all for responding. we are planning the same, remove all carpet (except for closets) & put down flooring, and i learned so much about the process. luv my village neighbors!
Old 10-20-2020, 09:41 AM
Veteran member

I had my entire home, including closets and bathrooms, refloored with vinyl planking. They took two days but estimated it would take three. Ripping out the old flooring went quickly and they began putting down the new flooring on the first day. They removed the toilet in the guest bathroom on day one. Then a plumber reseated both of them on the second day.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:12 AM
Default New Floors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayerose View Post
for those of you who also had done, do they usually complete one room at a time or take up the existing flooring and replace in two different days?
Earlier this year we had LR, DR, Kit, Hall, Bath & UR replaced with Luxury Vinyl from Roberto's. A crew arrived early AM, worked all day and came back the next AM for a couple hours to finish. Then schedule a cleaning lady to come in and clean the house the next day (nice touch). I do not like 1/4 round, so they removed all the molding and reinstalled it, calked and touched up the paint. Because the new flooring does not go as high up your walls as carpet, I gave them the correct wall paint and they went around the walls before reinstalling the moldings and painted.
They moved and replaced all the furniture. Suggested we get some felt pads at the hardware store and they installed them on all the furniture legs to avoid any future scratches. We could have given them the keys to the house and come back the next day to a completed job. The work was all done in a very professional manner and could not be told from new.
We are extremely pleased with their work and just went back yesterday to discuss a new remodeling project.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:06 AM

We took out carpet in all three bedrooms and put new flooring in but also took out of closets and ran flooring in there as well. So glad we did that.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayerose View Post
for those of you who also had done, do they usually complete one room at a time or take up the existing flooring and replace in two different days?
We had the tile removed in the living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room, hall, and guest bathroom. Since we were replacing it with LVP, they took up all the tile, then installed all the LVP, since it was the same for the entire area. You need to ask your question, when you are out looking for whatever you are putting in your rooms.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:42 PM

Had Floor Masters.
2 days 3/2 +lanai. 2 guys in house. 2 in lanai. Moved everything from room to room. Replaced everything and cleaned up everywhere.
Very pleased with the operation.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:26 PM

pdp07, what exactly did the cleaning person do?

And what type of flooring did you have replaced?

thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
time, existing, flooring, replace, room

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.