Having second thoughts!

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Our Financial Advisor says we are in beautiful shape and money is not an issue. We live in Maryland and can't wait to get out of this too liberal state. Have lived here all my 68 years and have family here and in NJ. Close knit Italian-Irish-German family who think you are a traitor if you leave the fold. No children but lots of nieces and nephews. Change is very difficult for me as I'm sure it is for many. I feel like I'm making my first sky dive, I'm at the door of the plane and can't jump! Its nice to hear so many say that they felt the same way I do right now and it seems to have worked out for so many of you. We are going to rent a furnished house for a year so I'm coming down in May to find a place. God willing, the answers will come. I thank ALL of you for being so gracious with your time and thoughts. It has helped immensely.
It's always great to make a decision that will let you sleep at night. It sounds like you have.

After the year, consider this thought, "what is it worth to you, to get on, with the rest of your life".

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-19-2015, 03:34 PM

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you all ready got!
GO FOR IT
Old 03-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to chalpm

It was hard moving here...leaving friends & family..selling only home children knew and moving to a place where we knew no one. The first few months were difficult and filled with stress....and then it kicked in...we started to make friends and get involved in activities that interested us. Family & friends have been down to visit and love our new home as much as we do. We now are proud to call The Villages home and love our busy life style. It was the right move for us. Good Luck!
Old 03-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Location: Formerly Village of Gilchrist, now Pensacola Villas

Believe us when we say this.... Friends and family WILL come to see you! Even the ones you don't like😜. It's a great place, I was NEVER going to move to Florida......well....I changed my mind and very happy that I did! We both love it here.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:48 PM

The difference between a rut and a grave is just depth. One you can crawl out of, the other is more difficult.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:50 PM

The difference between a rut and a grave is just depth. You can crawl out of one, the other is more difficult.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I think you need to evaluate why some think it is a bad idea to move. Will they miss you? Are they children that will miss having a babysitter and someone to help with errands? Are their reasons selfish or true concern for you? Only you can decide.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Gold member

Maybe u could try renting first to take the pressure off yourself
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.