Hdmi

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Gold member
Default Hdmi

I had a problem with my Vizio 4K TV and Comcast came to correct. They had a problem getting the reception and finally they appeared to fix it. When he left I noticed that my TV was hooked up to COAXAL CABLE. And not HDMI. I was leaving for NY so I did not bother to check. Now I am in NY and I switched from FIOS to Cablevision and the same thing happened. I have the same TV in NY. HDMI worked with FIOS but not with Cablevision . The technician said it was my TV. What gives?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Audio Video View Post
You need your display connected to your set top box via HDMI. Nothing else is acceptable period. Try swapping cables and adjusting the output resolution of the cable box (720p or 1080p). If that doesn't work, replace the cable box.
Thanks Tom I will try it.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:57 PM
Platinum member

We've had Comcast Xfinity connected via HDMI for several years. One day in August 2015 we lost all four HDMI inputs. May have been a power surge. None of them were recognized. So In desperation i connected coax while I thought about getting the TV repaired.

When we upgraded our DVR box a few weeks later the Comcast Tech suggested that we use component cables to get an HD picture. It worked fine but of course HDMI is better and allows for an Internet access connection. At some point we'll replace the TV but spending $300-$400 to replace the main board which contains the HDMI jacks seems crazy when a comparable TV today is under a thousand. Check the Internet. It's not uncommon. Good luck it's frustrating.
Closed Thread

Tags
hdmi, problem, fios, cablevision, comcast

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.