Headlight Requirements for Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2019, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,455 Times in 3,086 Posts

My house is in the historical section, so driving on that part of Morse is a pretty common thing if I want to get to Sumter Landing town square, or parts thereof. It's just that one single crossover section that truly scares the bejeezus out of me, heading south. Coming north, that one spot where the golf cart lane is LEFT of the right-turn lane for cars, makes me nervous (I think that's Rio Grande). But even that isn't as nerve-wracking as trying to cross the road completely.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I also live south of CR 466.
I agree it's not safe for golf carts on Morse, especially at night, even with headlights on.
When I golf in the area, my stomach sinks, because I'm forced to take a golf cart.
Doesn't seem to bother anyone else we golf with.
We go for early drinks and dinner with the group.
I never thought I'd say this; but I try to be home before dark.
I understand Barefoot. All it takes is one little oops from a driver and we would meet our maker early.

I put the lights in question on my Cart but I put two 4 inch strips of lights aimed toward the ground. I tested it with several people driving at me to see if it was a bother. It was not. How stupid can you be to put extra lights on so you can see but blind the oncoming traffic? Dah!!

Wouldn't it be fantastic if they extended the large asphalt Cart Path on Morris, I mean Morse further towards 466. The section they did just finish that ends at Hacienda CC is perfect. Probably after there is an incident it will stir up some interest.

Be Careful!
Old 08-16-2019, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,455 Times in 3,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I understand Barefoot. All it takes is one little oops from a driver and we would meet our maker early.

I put the lights in question on my Cart but I put two 4 inch strips of lights aimed toward the ground. I tested it with several people driving at me to see if it was a bother. It was not. How stupid can you be to put extra lights on so you can see but blind the oncoming traffic? Dah!!

Wouldn't it be fantastic if they extended the large asphalt Cart Path on Morris, I mean Morse further towards 466. The section they did just finish that ends at Hacienda CC is perfect. Probably after there is an incident it will stir up some interest.

Be Careful!
One more spot that only caught me the first time it happened:

where the bridge to Sumter begins. That one spot. You have to leave the road and enter the cart path on the bridge. But there's a very very narrow slice of driveable area you enter onto, and if you go just an inch too far over to the right, you bump the golf cart against a VERY high curb where the cart lane ends and the bridge begins.

I did bump my cart. Hard, even though I was only going maybe 8 MPH because it was at night and raining, I had never driven this section of road before, and I was terrified.

Thankfully no actual damage to me or the cart, there was a scrape mark on the tire, which washed off in the rain that night.

Plus I knew it was there at that point, so never had the problem again.

Scary though the first time it happens!
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, headlights, rain, golf, driving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.