Healthiest Hometown just a marketing slogan?

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2015, 04:01 PM
Sage
Default Healthiest Hometown just a marketing slogan?

The previous thread got closed after lots of people gave misinformation about the slogan "America's Healthiest Hometown".

No, it's not just a marketing slogan. USF Health did a "scientific" survey. Remember the survey? Then we were compared with other similar communities around the country and based on that survey they determined that we are America's Healthiest Hometown. Supposedly, it had nothing to do with marketing. It had to do with The Villages/USF Health alliance and a Villages pilot project to learn how to deliver better healthcare . Its a project for which they received lots of federal grant money and they will likely continue to receive grant money in the future. There's another "scientific" survey coming up later this year and it will be paid for with federal grant money as well. It's an ongoing project.

The problem is: It was a scam and not scientific, as you now know, because we are only ranked 7th for health factors and 27th for health outcomes in Florida. If we are not even the healthiest in Florida, one can only imagine how we rank nationally.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
The previous thread got closed after lots of people gave misinformation about the slogan "America's Healthiest Hometown".

No, it's not just a marketing slogan. USF Health did a "scientific" survey. Remember the survey? Then we were compared with other similar communities around the country and based on that survey they determined that we are America's Healthiest Hometown. Supposedly, it had nothing to do with marketing. It had to do with The Villages/USF Health alliance and a Villages pilot project to deliver better healthcare . Its a project for which they received lots of federal grant money and they will likely continue to receive grant money in the future.

The problem is: It was a scam and not scientific, as you now know, because we are only ranked 7th for health factors and 27th for health outcomes in Florida.
Yes, it is just a marketing slogan.

(After I'm sufficiently chastised and corrected by the OP, please close this thread too. [emoji120] )
Old 03-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Yes, it is just a marketing slogan.

(After I'm sufficiently chastised and corrected by the OP, please close this thread too. [emoji120] )
The developer used it as a marketing slogan but it was based on a faulty USF Health study. A study paid for with our money - a federal grant.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:22 PM
Gold member

Close it.,
Old 03-31-2015, 04:42 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs down

Quote:

No, it's not just a marketing slogan. USF Health did a "scientific" survey. Remember the survey? Then we were compared with other similar communities around the country and based on that survey they determined that we are America's Healthiest Hometown. Supposedly, it had nothing to do with marketing. It had to do with The Villages/USF Health alliance and a Villages pilot project to learn how to deliver better healthcare . Its a project for which they received lots of federal grant money and they will likely continue to receive grant money in the future. There's another "scientific" survey coming up later this year and it will be paid for with federal grant money as well. It's an ongoing project.

The problem is: It was a scam and not scientific, as you now know, because we are only ranked 7th for health factors and 27th for health outcomes in Florida. If we are not even the healthiest in Florida, one can only imagine how we rank nationally.
I have followed the closed post and this one and I still do not understand the purpose of the original posting. What is the point to be made here? Just bashing TV? Has the OP feel they have been decieved? In my not so humble opinion, the posting is just a waste of time and should be closed again.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Close it.,
Anyone who interferes with the purpose of a thread should be banned from this website.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Anyone who interferes with the purpose of a thread should be banned from this website.
I ask again, what is the purpose? I sure don't see one.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I have followed the closed post and this one and I still do not understand the purpose of the original posting. What is the point to be made here? Just bashing TV? Has the OP feel they have been decieved? In my not so humble opinion, the posting is just a waste of time and should be closed again.
If you haven't figured out the purpose by now, it's not likely that you ever will. It's not about bashing TV.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
If you haven't figured out the purpose by now, it's not likely that you ever will. It's not about bashing TV.
I went back and reread the first thead to make sure I didn't miss something. Ok, you quote some statastics, we get that? But why did you feel the need to make the post in the first place? It appears to be nothing more than bashing TV.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
The developer used it as a marketing slogan but it was based on a faulty USF Health study. A study paid for with our money - a federal grant.

You don't have a clue - do you?
Old 03-31-2015, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Do you realize that this is trolling?

Quote:

Old 03-31-2015, 06:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I went back and reread the first thead to make sure I didn't miss something. Ok, you quote some statastics, we get that? But why did you feel the need to make the post in the first place? It appears to be nothing more than bashing TV.
Yes, VPL . . . Me thinks it is you, not others, who don't get it.

Another request -- please close this thread!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
The previous thread got closed after lots of people gave misinformation about the slogan "America's Healthiest Hometown". No, it's not just a marketing slogan.
Quote:
Quote:
It's a marketing slogan.
You've now started a second thread on the same topic - why can't you acccept that it's a marketing slogan and move on?
What are you trying to achieve?
Old 03-31-2015, 07:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I don't think it was a scam... I always viewed it as a goal..a very worthy goal! America's healthiest home town is a goal and being 7th is an improvement.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I don't think it was a scam... I always viewed it as a goal..a very worthy goal! America's healthiest home town is a goal and being 7th is an improvement.

Well said.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.