Healthiest Hometown just a marketing slogan?

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2015, 07:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Anyone who interferes with the purpose of a thread should be banned from this website.
Have you ever had a CAT scan ?

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-31-2015, 07:50 PM

I'm sorry, but this was a slogan created BEFORE the survey was ever conducted. It is absolutely not a claim made based on the survey results.

The goal of the USF/TV partnership was to research the community, conduct a survey, hold forums on healthy living and health care with the GOAL of becoming Americas Healthiest Hometown.
From an article BEFORE the survey was ever conducted:

"Nothing is more important to a senior than his or her health,” said Gary Morse, developer of The Villages. "We've been searching for a creative, forward-thinking university partner to work with local health care providers, study our community and bring us innovative ideas that will enhance the health enjoyed by retirees. We want to create America's healthiest hometown.”

The Villages Joins with USF Health to Create America's Healthiest Hometown - USF Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society
Old 03-31-2015, 07:55 PM
Gold member

The name of this website is Talk of the Villages. Some think it is BASH THE VILLAGES and seem to have made a sport of frequently trying to tweak others and seems to get some joy out of it. From my standpoint it is very annoying and makes the visit to this site less enjoyable.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
I'm sorry, but this was a slogan created BEFORE the survey was ever conducted. It is absolutely not a claim made based on the survey results.

The goal of the USF/TV partnership was to research the community, conduct a survey, hold forums on healthy living and health care with the GOAL of becoming Americas Healthiest Hometown.
From an article BEFORE the survey was ever conducted:

"Nothing is more important to a senior than his or her health,” said Gary Morse, developer of The Villages. "We've been searching for a creative, forward-thinking university partner to work with local health care providers, study our community and bring us innovative ideas that will enhance the health enjoyed by retirees. We want to create America's healthiest hometown.”

The Villages Joins with USF Health to Create America's Healthiest Hometown - USF Morsani College of Medicine Alumni Society
Thank you.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:04 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,688 Times in 3,601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I ask again, what is the purpose? I sure don't see one.

You are learning............don't play the game........it's a game.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Have you ever had a CAT scan ?

Or even a DOG scan?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:25 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
The name of this website is Talk of the Villages. Some think it is BASH THE VILLAGES and seem to have made a sport of frequently trying to tweak others and seems to get some joy out of it. From my standpoint it is very annoying and makes the visit to this site less enjoyable.
We agree on:
1. Some bashing TV
2. Makes visiting the site less enjoyable

The topic in this thread is not well defined. The OP (and I know who i am responding to.) seems to be bashing TV or some veiled criticism of the developer. The OP will not state their real purpose....

I have read other post by the OP and they are much the same. Statements or paragraphs with a few facts, but very little direction or substance. I believe an earlier post in the thread referred to the OP as trolling. Spot on assesment.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Thank you.

You are welcome. I try to step in when I can with facts. Especially in this case when the claim is completely false and not just a matter of opinion.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.