Hearing Aids

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2020, 01:26 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Hearing Aids

Need hearing aids? Any recommendations on what ones, businesses that sell them, etc.
Any recommendation on who or what to stay away from?
Old 11-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Need hearing aids? Any recommendations on what ones, businesses that sell them, etc.

I am not being snarky here but if you search google for comparisons of hearing aids you will get a ton of information that will prove helpful.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Check out Costco
Old 11-21-2020, 01:53 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Check out Costco
I had Cosco aids in the near past.. They had to replace them, twice. Their service is what turn me off them.

Last edited by Joe V.; 11-21-2020 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:58 PM
Veteran member

i've worn HA's for 10 years and gone to 3 different places ... the last 4years I've gone to Express Hearing Care, 541 Fieldcrest Dr, The Villages... it's just off 466 near citizens 1st bank... they take the time and care to help you find the right type of HA for you.. it all depends on your hearing loss as to what you may need... most places SHOULD have a 30 day FREE trial and you may have to try a few different brands to see what works best for you... what is also important is follow up care and adjustments (if needed) of your HA's once you have tested and bought them...

Last edited by ureout; 11-21-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:15 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
I got mine, Phonnax, from The Villages Ear at Southern Trace. Good service. There are two types, rechargeable, and replaceable batteries which I got.
There are also bluetooth connective hearing aids available now. They have free checkup every 3 months and free cleaning and adjustment. Also there is a free trial period. I paid about $4000 three years ago.

Last edited by John41; 11-21-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

I use Phonak rechargeable. Never let me down, and sound clarity these days is very good.
But.
Get a good audioligist first, and find out what you need for your hearing loss.
Plenty of sharks out there ready to sell state of the art, when you may only need a simple sound amplifier.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
I got mine, Phonnax, from The Villages Ear at Southern Trace. Good service. There are two types, rechargeable, and replaceable batteries which I got.
There are also bluetooth connective hearing aids available now. They have free checkup every 3 months and free cleaning and adjustment. Also there is a free trial period. I paid about $4000 three years ago.
We got ours at Village Ear also.

Service very good but really have no idea if we got a good price or not.

Did not get the rechargable one as thought we could buy a huge amount of batteries for the cost of the charger.

Do like the blue tooth on it.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

Costco's Kirkland are $1,500.
Hard to beat.
Kirkland Signature (Costco) 9.0 Hearing Aid | Product Info, Reviews, Prices, and Videos
Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 Hearing Aids Review - YouTube
Worth the $65 membership fee

Last edited by Northerner52; 11-22-2020 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:20 AM

Long time hearing aid wearer. Definitely agree with others, find a good audiologists or hearing aid technician that you are comfortable with.

I am currently wearing KS9 from Costco. For the price, get huge amount of capabilities and technology. Hearing aid technician top notch. Easy to get repaired, adjusted, nice 3 year warranty.

For outside of Costco, prices climb quickly. I found TruHearing: Get affordable hearing aids to have the best prices of name brand hearing aids. You have to go to an audiologist that works with truhearing. I was able to find an audiologist that I liked and was able to save a few thousands of $ in the deal. Had to drive about 30 minutes longer each way but only visited a few times.

Also agree with others, must have a 30 day trial. And don't be hesitant about saying you did not like them and want to try a different model/brand. Go to a hearing aid business that carries multiple name brands. If one business does not want to let you try a different hearing aid, go to another. Try out the hearing aid in various locations - outside, with TV, in loud area, ...

This is an expensive purchase that you will have for multiple years, take time to get it right.

Best of luck.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:21 AM

I got mine at the Villages ear. I got Widex which are iPhone compatible blue tooth. They cost a bit more but the free cleaning and adjustments are worth a lot to me. Also, stay away from Sam’s club. They talk a good talk but their technology is outdated and they push to sell.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:36 AM

Purchased ours at Village Ears Southern Trace. Excellent service. Checks and cleans every 3mos free. No pressure to purchase new ones. All kinds to chose from.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:46 AM

BELTONE across from Target off 441. They have been in business for years and I bought mine there 5 years ago. They see you twice yearly to clean them and once yearly for a hearing test to keep them up to date. The hearing aid person, Traci, is extremely nice and friendly. I always enjoy going there. As far as rechargeable I disagree with the person that said don't buy the charger. So easy to set them in the charger overnight and know they are ready the next morning. Who wants to go to Walgreens and buy batteries and replace those intricate little buggers? Plus you never know when the hearing aides lose power and need replacement maybe when you're out somewhere. It is an expense but if you can afford it definitely buy the rechargeable ones. Beltone has a new hearing aide with the charger included. I think Traci said $5200. I plan on buying that one when these need replacement or at least a set similar. Good luck!
Old 11-22-2020, 06:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilagy View Post
BELTONE across from Target off 441. They have been in business for years and I bought mine there 5 years ago. They see you twice yearly to clean them and once yearly for a hearing test to keep them up to date. The hearing aid person, Traci, is extremely nice and friendly. I always enjoy going there. As far as rechargeable I disagree with the person that said don't buy the charger. So easy to set them in the charger overnight and know they are ready the next morning. Who wants to go to Walgreens and buy batteries and replace those intricate little buggers? Plus you never know when the hearing aides lose power and need replacement maybe when you're out somewhere. It is an expense but if you can afford it definitely buy the rechargeable ones. Beltone has a new hearing aide with the charger included. I think Traci said $5200. I plan on buying that one when these need replacement or at least a set similar. Good luck!
just for info.. Beltone are actually made by Resound they are the exact same HA... I've worn Resound quattros for over 2 yrs. and am now trying the new Resound Ones and they are amazing
Old 11-22-2020, 07:20 AM

Costco. Hands down. Price, service, quality of equipment. Lutz Fl location has a great hearing center. Appointment only. Their service is great.
Closed Thread

Tags
hearing, aids, recommendation, stay, sell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.