Heat & Bugs...Arrrghhhh!

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Question Premier Pool Membership

Hi,

Could you tell me what a premier pool membership is and what it includes and costs?

Thanks!

Bill Harbison
Fairport, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
It is magical - paradise - here in the summer; and is our absolute favorite time to be here. The traffic is light, no crowds; very laid back, and the people who are here seem less rushed and busy. It's a totally different experience than the rest of the year; and I love it here the rest of the year, too; it's just different in the summer. Yes, the heat is often (not always) pretty intense in the afternoons, which is why it is great to have a premier pool membership because we love the resort-like atmosphere of those pools to hang out during the afternoons, especially Hacienda Hills, our favorite. So, we say 'heat? - bring it!!" (especially after this unusually cool winter, we are all saying that!). And of course, there are still plenty of activities to stay busy with inside during the summer afternoons, and then by the time the music on the squares, or other evening activities, start around 5 PM, and when the beautiful sunsets are occurring, the temperature outside is usually fine. I have never found the humidity particularly bad here; not nearly as bothersome as August in Louisville was.

Bugs, which terrify me, are virtually nonexistent here, in my experience (and undoubtedly pesticide applications are the explanation for this). We walk and jog outdoors alot, and rarely see mosquitoes, bees, or other flying insects; we have seen a few palmetto bugs are a very few (and small) spiders in our 2 1/2 years here; very rarely. Elsewhere we travel in the more rural areas of central Florida, yes, you get bugs all over the windshield, for example; but not here (except the love bugs that others have mentioned; they come in May and September, though, not during the height of summer).
Old 03-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Sage

Hi Wharbison,
I see that this is your first post. Welcome! Glad you are here. Try this link.

http://www.districtgov.org/images/RecGuide.pdf

It includes contact information if it does not have the answers you need.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Basically, a Premier Pool membership lets you use the Country Club Pools along with all the Rec Center Pools you get automatic as a Resident.

Army Guy
Old 03-23-2010, 11:31 AM

Here in Michigan it is cold 24/7 during the winter, but in Florida it is hot maybe 6 hours a day during the summer and that's just long enough to take a nap before heading to the town squares.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Sage

6 hour nap? Where do I sign up?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.