Old 09-16-2017, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
This is the OEM Carrier dual capacitor
The Villages Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Wiotte

Sorry to original posting; I know this is off topic therefrom; to others, please continue with 2.5 ton vs. 3.0 ton units.

Meanwhile: they showed up within in an hour of my discovering the emergency, and they had the part. Should I complain to them about the size of the bill? Everyone else says "$130-ish is the going rate". Does withing-the-hour service count for more than 2x the going rate, I wonder?
Old 09-16-2017, 12:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Just be glad they showed up and fixed it. I'd let it go. It's high but not astronomical [emoji6]

I suppose -- seems like every encounter with a Villages contractor is a screwing of some kind. I new and absentee and I'm thinking "are these the abuses you have to experience and learn to deal with as a Villages newbie?"
Old 09-16-2017, 12:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog99 View Post
I suppose -- seems like every encounter with a Villages contractor is a screwing of some kind. I new and absentee and I'm thinking "are these the abuses you have to experience and learn to deal with as a Villages newbie?"

I have a list of reputable people you can deal with. I'll PM you with the list. It was given to me by my former home watch.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog99 View Post

Sent, check your PM box

Old 09-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Sage

the capacitor shown is a 440 v unit, wouldn't the model we would need be a 240v one ?
Old 09-16-2017, 12:45 PM
Sage
Default Heat Pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
the capacitor shown is a 440 v unit, wouldn't the model we would need be a 240v one ?

Up to and including 440V Also applicable for 277 & 460 single phase.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Always get three bids from contractors who have been recommended by someone you know who is satisfied with their service, THEN. check with Crimes Against Seniors to see that they have no misconduct.

Do not pay more than $3.00-$4.00 per linear foot for a French Drain. Nor more than fifty dollars a month for grass cutting.(We pay less than that) I trust Sunshine Air. I trust 48 Hour Blinds. I trust M&M for Downspouts, I trust Desmond Harris for dryer vent cleaning. I trust Tim Miller The Toolman for attic stairs. I trust T&D for pools and pool baths.

Others can add to this list
Old 09-16-2017, 05:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The directions of windows, trees etc and affect the heat load so two home that are alike can need different capacity.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Platinum member
Question The Big Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by under55 View Post
I think our heat pump is not large enough.

Curious while looking at all the units in the new neighborhood we moved into I noticed that Munns installs 2.5 ton units.

Sunshine installs 3 ton units. I have talked with a couple of the other owners with the 2.5 units and everyone says the same thing. The rooms the farthest from the Air Handler are harder to get cooled down. I have not had a chance to talk with the owner of a 3 ton.

When I talked with the builder he said it is all figured out differently for each house. But it seems weird that every house that has a Munns unit they are 2.5 and every house that has a 3 ton unit are Sunshine.
No one has asked the obvious question.

Does your air conditioner fail to keep your house cool in summer or warm in winter?

If not....................it's all you need.

Now, if there is uneven heating or cooling distribution through the house, that is a matter of properly adjusting the vent openings in each room. That can take some time and experimentation. In very long houses there have even been cases where a booster fan installed in the air duct might help, but that is unlikely in most The Villages houses.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Default Will try again.

There are 10 homes on a street in The Villages. They are all Designer Homes with almost the exact square footage.

Seven of the homes Munn's installs 2.5 ton units.
The other 3 Sunshine installs 3 ton units.

In walking around several blocks all the units installed by Munn's are 2.5. Sunshine are 3 ton.

Every home with a Sunshine sticker has 3 ton. Every home with a Munn's has 2.5 ton.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:51 PM
Platinum member
Question Curiosity

Quote:
There are 10 homes on a street in The Villages. They are all Designer Homes with almost the exact square footage.

In walking around several blocks all the units installed by Munn's are 2.5. Sunshine are 3 ton.

Every home with a Sunshine sticker has 3 ton. Every home with a Munn's has 2.5 ton.
Just as a matter of curiosity, what is the square footage?
Old 09-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:

And your point ?
Old 09-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Sage

Does the home reach heating/cooling setpoint ? If it does, don't sweat the details. We have a 2050 sq ft designer with a 2.5T unit. It reaches our summer setpoint of 73 degrees. SECO bill is less than our old home of 1900 sq ft that had a 3.0T unit. IT WORKS
Closed Thread

Tags
units, ton, house, heat, unit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.