Heating a Pool Without Solar

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
OP asked about heating WITHOUT SOLAR.
Solar is not an option.
"We are in the process of getting quotes for a pool install. Turns out we don't have enough roof for the required number of panels to heat the pool with solar. The other options are heat pump, gas, or nothing."

Solar is an option just not enough roof space for a complete solar system. The point I am making is that I would prefer 50% of my solar panels versus 0%. If my roof was too small or oriented against solar pool panels, I would still do whatever would fit, where I could place them. Some solar heat is better than none in my book.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:50 AM
Gold member

[QUOTE=MACH7SS;1599727
Solar is an option just not enough roof space for a complete solar system. The point I am making is that I would prefer 50% of my solar panels versus 0%. If my roof was too small or oriented against solar pool panels, I would still do whatever would fit, where I could place them. Some solar heat is better than none in my book.[/QUOTE]

I agree and would add to get the option of someone who installs solar panels rather than a pool company. When my neighbor was quoting pool companies to install a pool one of the companies told them they did not have room for solar panels which turned out to be false.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:04 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Pool Heat

[QUOTE=LuckyS;1599011]Hi everybody:

We are in the process of getting quotes for a pool install. Turns out we don't have enough roof for the required number

Hi, you are probably looking at a big utility bill. Seco energy may be able to help you, get the volume of the pool in cubic feet, decide on a temperature, they may do it. We rented with a pool, earlier, they had solar, they also had a very cold pool. So check it out first? There are a lot of pools around in the villages. There are also a lot of private pools and no one in them?

GOOD LUCK
Old 11-17-2018, 12:26 PM

Hello,
Anyone have a $ estimate for the cooler months of what gas cost would be to heat a pool. We will have solar panels, plus a solar blanket on the pool.
Thank you
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, heat, solar, installed, pros/cons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.