Height of Tunnels for Lifted Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2021, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Many not so judgmental as wary of people coming here and doing things differently and then expecting the whole set up to change.

I read so many newbies who want to change things or completely overthrow our government which I think of as a gentle and well run dictatorship.

Long live the Morses.
I read only a few veterans who go out of their way to change topics so they can extoll the virtues of the Morse family, even if the threads have absolutely nothing to do with them. And then bring up ridiculous notions about how newbies want to "overthrow the government" after they show up asking about the height of a golf cart tunnel.

Seriously?
Old 07-27-2021, 05:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2TV View Post
We are looking at buying the lifted version of the Club Car golf cart and the salesman stated lifted carts may not fit through some of the older tunnels.

Does anyone here have a lifted golf cart and if so do you have any issues with tunnel height?

We would always be Lake Sumter Landing and south, normally 466A south.

Thx much!
Hey if the salesman admits the cart won’t fit…… Hmmmm (thinking sound)
Just buy a normal cart. You are welcome. Signed by CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
Old 07-27-2021, 05:44 AM

Quote:
The looks.
so that one can have that “Dominion Over All”
Old 07-27-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranford61 View Post
so that one can have that “Dominion Over All”
LOL! Sure. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:08 AM

and what is the deal with a lifted cart anyway? Trying to extract a cool factor? honestly, does anyone care what every other cart looks like? too many of them to give a darn about standing out, imho.

but that aside, if a lifted cart would be iffy in some tunnels, or worse, becomes a safety hazard due to a higher center of gravity, it would be a no-brainer to me. Don't get one

Yoda
Old 07-27-2021, 09:37 AM

I have had a lifted electric cart since 2018. I purchased it from Crown Carts located just behind Russell Stover on CR44. Because it is electric it is not top heavy. The weight of the 8 batteries lowers the cog. I have not had any serious issues negotiating the tunnels. I live in Pine Ridge and have been as far north as the polo field and down to Brownwood in the south and to the Pinellas Place Shopping Center to the west. I purchased the lifted cart because I liked the look.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caljeff View Post
I have had a lifted electric cart since 2018. I purchased it from Crown Carts located just behind Russell Stover on CR44. Because it is electric it is not top heavy. The weight of the 8 batteries lowers the cog. I have not had any serious issues negotiating the tunnels. I live in Pine Ridge and have been as far north as the polo field and down to Brownwood in the south and to the Pinellas Place Shopping Center to the west. I purchased the lifted cart because I liked the look.
The OP's concern is the tunnels, primarily Lake Sumter Landing and points south from there. If they're going on the Morse Blvd multi-modal paths, they might find some of the tunnels too short to drive on their own side of the tunnel. That could present problems if someone else is coming from the opposite direction, if there isn't enough head space for them to pull back to their own side without damaging their lifted cart.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:32 AM

OP, you'd need to define, Lifted. There are 2" all the way to 8" for the electric carts. A 2" might give you what you need without being too tall or maybe not. I cant say.

As for why would you want a lifted cart, why not ? Some people like the looks, just like every other modification done to them. Including the silly names, while thats not for me at all I don't care if someone else does it and don't lose any sleep over it.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
and what is the deal with a lifted cart anyway? Trying to extract a cool factor? honestly, does anyone care what every other cart looks like? too many of them to give a darn about standing out, imho.

but that aside, if a lifted cart would be iffy in some tunnels, or worse, becomes a safety hazard due to a higher center of gravity, it would be a no-brainer to me. Don't get one
The same deal as to why you pick whatever clothes you wear or makeup you put on or color of your house or car. It's what your own personal preference is. I really don't give a damn what other people like when it comes to what I buy. I care what I like.

Why are some people so judgemental?
Old 07-27-2021, 02:49 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Why are some people so judgemental?
Welcome to public boards.

Avoid pipe stacks.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,636 Times in 951 Posts

Classic board mentality.
Q: How high are the tunnels?
A: You shouldn't do that.
A: You are a narcissist .
A: You'll tip over
A: We are weary of newbies coming in and trying to overthrow our government,. Long live the Morses.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I read only a few veterans who go out of their way to change topics so they can extoll the virtues of the Morse family, even if the threads have absolutely nothing to do with them. And then bring up ridiculous notions about how newbies want to "overthrow the government" after they show up asking about the height of a golf cart tunnel.

Seriously?
It just seems simple to me. If you want to use your golf cart to travel everywhere in The Villages than don't have it "lifted".

I jumped the gun. Yes I did.

I did expect sometime in the future that those with lifted carts would be campaigning to have tunnels fit their higher vehicle.

And I still say....to all newbies....

Live here awhile and see how well this whole place works. It is really is well thought out and well run.

I can see people giving someone a second look if they have a golf cart that looks like a fire truck or a Dewars refilling station, but no one really is gonna give a wolf whistle to a little higher cart.

We really are old and silly to keep talking about this. I am, anyway.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:23 AM

Be careful on the tire selection. Most lifted carts I have seen have knobby tires. They are not approved for the golf courses.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,636 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It just seems simple to me. If you want to use your golf cart to travel everywhere in The Villages than don't have it "lifted".

I jumped the gun. Yes I did.

I did expect sometime in the future that those with lifted carts would be campaigning to have tunnels fit their higher vehicle.

And I still say....to all newbies....

Live here awhile and see how well this whole place works. It is really is well thought out and well run.

I can see people giving someone a second look if they have a golf cart that looks like a fire truck or a Dewars refilling station, but no one really is gonna give a wolf whistle to a little higher cart.

We really are old and silly to keep talking about this. I am, anyway.
I've been visiting TV for over 15 years, and one of the first things I ever noticed about it was how many people have modified the simple golf cart to give it a unique look. Modifying the golf cart IS a part of TV culture.
Me, personally, mine is about as vanilla vanilla as you can get. A couple of stickers relative to places I'm from, or have been, mostly so I can find my green cart among the other 10,000 similarly colored carts. But I certainly enjoy what others have done to theirs. It's not unusual for me to snap a picture and send it out to family members who don't live here.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:44 AM
Default UTV Vitacci and golf cart tunnels

There are utility vehicles that are made to mimic golf carts. The suspension is superior and they carry 4 people. They have seat belts, a top, a front window and cost much less than a golf cart. This would not be used for the golf course but comes in handy when guests are in town. I never thought of buying one before until I was at Everglades and saw several south of 466A. I saw an owner of one getting in and he told me the price tag new is $6700 delivered which is far less than the cost of a golf cart. The tunnels north of 466 are lower than the tunnels south so I wouldn't count on them being able to go through. But for those who don't go up to the older sections of TV it seats 4 or the back seats go flat for a place to put a very large dog enclosure for those who have a 4 legged member of the family. If anyone has experience driving one through the tunnels I would like to know what there experience has been.

Last edited by Hifred; 07-28-2021 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread

Tags
lifted, golf, south, cart, height

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.