Help me Understand. $1 Million in McClure

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2019, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,643 Times in 5,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
Quartz is more expensive then granite by far.
This house has a few quartz countertops, but it is mostly granite.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 09-24-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:39 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,760 Posts

No way I would build or buy a million dollar home in a half million dollar neighborhood!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-25-2019, 08:18 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
No way I would build or buy a million dollar home in a half million dollar neighborhood!
There are a lot of half million dollar homes in quarter million dollar neighborhoods, what's the difference.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:41 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have seen the house referred to by the OP and listed for $949K. It is a very nice house. I usually don't have a problem with the pricing of new houses by The Villages. But, this house is priced at two times the cost of the house next door to it, and both have very similar views. Also, if you have two cars and a golf cart, you will not be able to park them in the two car garage. All other houses on the street have a two car garage and a golf cart garage. So, I think this house is overpriced, but, I guess someone will buy it.
I live 5 houses down from this hous on a much bigger piece of land and my house is stretched in ways they could not possibly do on that lot. No to me it's overpriced by at least %25 ... but it will sell
Old 09-25-2019, 12:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
What's been so interesting to me for the past 9 years that we have lived here ....Watching the prices escalate to near, or greater than, what homes up north with both attics, basements and a decent sized piece of property cost!
They charge you extra for the lack of a Basement hear since you don't have to spend 10s of Thousands of dollars on drain tiles on the outside, new sump pumps, and cleaning up the flooding that you almost always get with a Basement. Thank GOD no basements here. I have no idea why people in the north are fixated on having one. They are nothing but trouble.

I also don't want a big property to take care of in my retirement
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 09-26-2019, 07:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
This home was designed by someone with expensive taste. Unfortunately, the person who was waiting to close on the home lost his job and couldn't secure their mortgage. There's always a reason for everything!
Thank you for providing this information as it explains a great deal and takes away the assumption that the developer dropped a million dollar price tag on a house where most of us don't see the value.

Having said that, I feel bad for the person who lost both their job and their dream house. In today's world, anyone can lose their job and it often is through no fault of their own. We have seen similar situations (albeit at a lower price point) in our own neighborhood here in The Villages. For those of us who are retired or just about to retire, we should have all of our finances well in order. For those younger or thinking of a home as an investment, they typically will have many more things to consider. Again, we hope the people who lost that lovely home they built find a different way to what they are looking for in life.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:55 AM

I could never afford something like this, but it's beautiful and I can see where the money is in it. It has a great deal of square footage (for The Villages homes), a pool, a massive, extensive kitchen with upgrades like none I've ever seen before, an outdoor kitchen in the birdcage, an insane walk-in closet, and several built in cabinets and office spaces. It's stunning. I still could not afford it, but someone will absolutely do so eventually.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:42 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
I live 5 houses down from this hous on a much bigger piece of land and my house is stretched in ways they could not possibly do on that lot. No to me it's overpriced by at least %25 ... but it will sell
There are not many, if any homes south of 44 that are over 2,800 sq. ft excluding garage and lanai. This might be the only one.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:43 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,760 Posts

This house is both beautiful and large but if I am going to put $1M into a residence I will only do so in a neighborhood consisting of homes of comparable value. Others may buy million dollar homes in half million dollar neighborhoods. If so, feel free to do so, but I won't do it.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-26-2019, 12:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I know a place where you can buy the entire neighborhood for the same amount with no bond. It's just a Yoke! A bad one but a Yoke anyway!

That house down yonder is probably breathtaking!
We purchased a Courtyard Villa in 2018 that was a bargain price, it had everything we wanted. Since we purchased we haven’t seen another one at the price we paid, now the Patio Villas are not only on par what we paid but in quite a few cases they cost more.

Had we taken our $$$ to On Top of The World in Ocala we could have bought a home one and half the times the size of our CYV, with an extra bedroom and a large 2 car garage not the 1.5 size we have now. The key to buy here was location, location, location. OTOW is a nice place but isn’t the Villages. Like my realtor friend used to say there’s a butt for every seat. Guess some butts ( I’ll refrain from using another term) have the extra cash and can afford a million dollar home.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:12 AM

Keep in mind that the house is "for sale."

It has not yet been sold.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
We purchased a Courtyard Villa in 2018 that was a bargain price, it had everything we wanted. Since we purchased we haven’t seen another one at the price we paid, now the Patio Villas are not only on par what we paid but in quite a few cases they cost more.

Had we taken our $$$ to On Top of The World in Ocala we could have bought a home one and half the times the size of our CYV, with an extra bedroom and a large 2 car garage not the 1.5 size we have now. The key to buy here was location, location, location. OTOW is a nice place but isn’t the Villages. Like my realtor friend used to say there’s a butt for every seat. Guess some butts ( I’ll refrain from using another term) have the extra cash and can afford a million dollar home.
I looked at OTOW and couldn't get past the rental of the property and the higher monthly fee and you are correct. Its NOTHING like here.

The house in question in this thread must be priced where it is for some reason. I don't think The Villages are normally too far off from what they ask to what they get?? There must be a reason thats valid and hasn't been uncovered by the staff on TOTV'S but I can tell you one thing for certain, it will sell. Maybe at a reduced price but there is a buyer for every home.

I really like the idea of doing your homework on prices and studying the area you are interested in so there is no buyers regret. The other thing is when you are schooling yourself with the prices you can strike like a Viper when you see the correct house and have Zero Buyers Remorse. Good job to the OP in uncovering this home that seems to be a Blip, price-wise!
Old 09-27-2019, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

No one in their right mind would pay anything near...what is being asked for that house.
Old 09-28-2019, 03:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

.........but all that grey!!!!
Old 09-28-2019, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post

There is one little thing about OTOTW (I think) in that you don't actually OWN the land, you get a 100 year lease on it, then it reverts to the developer. At least I read that one the internet and so it must be true!

Tags
mcclure, million, make, pictures, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.