Help me Understand. $1 Million in McClure

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2019, 08:54 AM

And underneath all the glitz and glamor, it's still a block house like the rest.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustypixels View Post
And underneath all the glitz and glamor, it's still a block house like the rest.
So is Buckingham Palace. 😜
Old 09-23-2019, 09:05 AM
Sage

I never considered my residence as an investment-made money in other real estate , but never considered my residence as an investment, because it generated no income, was burdened by high taxes and maintenance and was subject to beautification whims- when we sold our house on 5 acres in Chester Twp NJ and if we cared to back out all the expenses--the gain might not have been great--even though we had a partner in the Fed Govt to off set local real estate and income taxes, the person who bought our house bull dozed it and built a 10000 sq' mansion
Old 09-23-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
I never considered my residence as an investment-made money in other real estate , but never considered my residence as an investment, because it generated no income, was burdened by high taxes and maintenance and was subject to beautification whims- when we sold our house on 5 acres in Chester Twp NJ and if we cared to back out all the expenses--the gain might not have been great--even though we had a partner in the Fed Govt to off set local real estate and income taxes, the person who bought our house bull dozed it and built a 10000 sq' mansion
Agree 100%, a home is a place to live. Taking into account all the expenses over the years the gain is typically not as large as you think when you sell. Some people just like a little more comfort and room than others.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:21 AM

I do find it hilarious when people subtly trash the area down south. Get over it, 60,000 homes are going to be built in Southern Oaks and all your moaning and complaining is not going to change that fact.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:35 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenLCSW View Post
Not used —it’s supply and demand —older homes are not appreciating at the rate they were before The Villages moved south of Hillsborough
The re-sales south of 44 are selling fast and generating huge profits for the owners in just a year or two of ownership.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:52 AM

The same things that make your house worth what you paid for it. Location, construction, quality of materials.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
I do find it hilarious when people subtly trash the area down south. Get over it, 60,000 homes are going to be built in Southern Oaks and all your moaning and complaining is not going to change that fact.
I wouldn’t take it personally because in most cases it’s just that “trash talk”. A few on this site just like to “trash talk” a bit without always having the facts but that that isn’t any different than in life where some “talk” before thinking. We have all done that occasionally.

Southern Oaks is what it is and I believe the Village Developer has, to some extent, made this new area a bit different to accommodate change from one generation to the next. Just my humble opinion. Fore.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:23 AM

Bragging Rights... I paid a million.... a bigger pool, bigger garage bigger kitchen than you I will NEVER use any of them its just for show. No wonder folk do leave the villages s they can no longer manage, and some of us are struggling to pay the inflated prices that these "mega bucks" owners cause to all the services required to keep any home running.. Dont build a bridge between us and them build a moat
Old 09-23-2019, 11:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

The Seven Deadly Sins:

1. Lust
2. Gluttony
3. Greed
4. Sloth
5. Wrath
6. ENVY
7. Pride
Old 09-23-2019, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
Bragging Rights... I paid a million.... a bigger pool, bigger garage bigger kitchen than you I will NEVER use any of them its just for show. No wonder folk do leave the villages s they can no longer manage, and some of us are struggling to pay the inflated prices that these "mega bucks" owners cause to all the services required to keep any home running.. Dont build a bridge between us and them build a moat
I am having a slow day. I'll take it on.

If a person has a bigger garage or kitchen than the one you have, what makes you think that they won't use those areas to do all of the same things you do in yours????

If a person has a swimming pool, and she/he can afford a swimming pool, perhaps she/he isn't traveling like other people do, or dining in expensive restaurants or driving lovely cars?

How does the fact that people live in, drive, eat, swim in things they can afford cause anyone to move or make anything more expensive???

If people are struggling to pay the bills here, perhaps they can sell their home, make money on it and move to an area that does not charge the $150 a month amenity fees????

It is not a shame to have something you can afford and that you worked hard for. Most people here didn't harm others or steal anything to own their lovely homes, big or small.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Sage

In TV you are buying a life style-- the house is an extra
Old 09-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
In TV you are buying a life style-- the house is an extra
I agree! Who would of thunk it? Nucky did you read this?
Old 09-23-2019, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Pocket change. Everyone knows that Villagers are wealthy. 🤑
Old 09-23-2019, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I agree! Who would of thunk it? Nucky did you read this?
There has been NOTHING but a major change for the better and I like it a whole lot. The area that Chatbrat speaks of was and is Smoking Beautiful. Close to the best places to eat and just a fine place to live. Taxes totally out of hand.

The only reason we are in a Manufactured Home is because it was the best The Witness Protection Program could offer us at that moment. I almost went into orbit when I read about a couple of Manufactured Homes being sprinkled in here & there in the area South of the Pike. Then there were a few comments about Pink Flamingoes in a shot at us over here. Whoever made the comment was outta line. Think that thought but keep it on the down-low.

I shudder when I read about anyone taking a swipe at where someone else chooses to live in The Villages. These are the kind of things you would never hear from someone Face to Face. It's only Beer Muscle Keyboard Bravery that gets remarks like that to come out.

The other day I posted /// about the big dollar house near the Turnpike because after composing a thoughtful non-hurtful post it dawned on me that I am qualified to speak about a house close to a main highway but not on an almost million-dollar house. I don't get retiring into a house that's a chore to upkeep but that's not any of my business.

In a little over a year, we will God willing be moving into a house in The Villages and hopefully, in the hood we're in now or in one of the Spanish named Villages off Morse before 466. We shall see. It may be down Yonder we will not limit ourselves and just instinctively will know when its the best fit for us.

I imagine it will be a few shells less than a Rock. (Million)
Closed Thread

Tags
mcclure, million, make, pictures, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.