Help with New Furniture

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts
Default Help with New Furniture

We have decided to not bring our old furniture with us next month when we move in to TV.

We have looked around and found a set we like but on researching it, the reviews are not to pretty good. Since we would have to order this "sight unseen" that is not too pretty good.

So, can anyone recommend a store or brand or set that is similar to this one (Bonaventure Park by HomElegance) that we can touch and feel locally (Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Orlando, etc)

Our budget is around $15k for the three rooms
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	1935-76-1935S-set-1.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	80413   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	1935PN-1-br-set-1.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	80414   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	19359-3_homelegance.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	80415  
Old 08-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Or even know of a store locally that stocks this?
Old 08-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Call Babette's Furniture in The Villages and ask for Kim. you will be able to send her your photos and she can take it from there. They furnished our home when we moved down.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
We have decided to not bring our old furniture with us next month when we move in to TV.

We have looked around and found a set we like but on researching it, the reviews are not to pretty good. Since we would have to order this "sight unseen" that is not too pretty good.

So, can anyone recommend a store or brand or set that is similar to this one (Bonaventure Park by HomElegance) that we can touch and feel locally (Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Orlando, etc)

Our budget is around $15k for the three rooms
I love your choices. It is very much like the feel of our house. We like Babbettes and they have many brands that are well known and lovely.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:51 PM

Check out Baer's Furniture: Baers.com
They have a number of stores in the Orlando area.

It's family-owned and run and they've been in business for many years and have stores through Florida.
Their stores are huge and they have a vast inventory.

You might want to call them for information first or go there to simply "shop."
It's a fast, easy drive and probably would be helpful to see their many different choices, most of which you won't find on their website because of their ever-changing inventory..
Old 08-08-2019, 12:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

Since I just bought new furniture for my house (closed a couple of months ago) I went through the same process you are going through. I googled this series, Bonaventure Park, and I could not find a showroom where you could touch the quality or see the actual color. If you go ahead with this order I would try one or two items first so if you don’t like it you’re not in for a big surprise. Or if they could guarantee a return policy if you don’t like it. The photos look amazing, I’d just like to see it in person first and my search didn’t show anywhere where one could do that.

I found White’s furniture by TV pretty good. They do not carry so much of the classical type of furniture but they have a nice selection. Initially, I was going to rent furniture to give me time to look around for the permanent stuff, but hubby didn’t like the idea.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:02 AM

Check out Family Furniture - Furniture, Mattress, and Bedding in Leesburg, Apopka and Eustis FL in Leesburg. Talk to Debra she will come to your house and measure the rooms and have recommendations to make sure everything fits.

Brian
Old 08-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

City Furniture furnishes the TV model homes and has complete packages for all the various configurations. Others, such as Babettes may also have similar packages. Most of the furnished models that I have seen have "Florida" furniture with a lot of white or off white painted pieces and bright colors. That may or may not be your taste, but it suits me fine. We got our Villa mostly furnished with American Drew Camden Buttermilk and we love it. I believe Family Furniture in Leesburg carries American Drew.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

I love American Drew myself and my hubby likes I forgot the name but some hard wood by the Mennonites so we got two different bedroom furniture. The thing is for Florida a certain airiness in furniture seems nice. I have not been to Family Furniture in Leesburg we went to the Walmart in Leesburg once accidentally and decided not to go into the area again. But this furniture store has such a good website that we will go when we can. They don’t indicate their prices online so it’s hard to say if they are competitive.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
City Furniture furnishes the TV model homes and has complete packages for all the various configurations. Others, such as Babettes may also have similar packages. Most of the furnished models that I have seen have "Florida" furniture with a lot of white or off white painted pieces and bright colors. That may or may not be your taste, but it suits me fine. We got our Villa mostly furnished with American Drew Camden Buttermilk and we love it. I believe Family Furniture in Leesburg carries American Drew.
Everything I've read about City Furniture says avoid them like the plague.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-08-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I love American Drew myself and my hubby likes I forgot the name but some hard wood by the Mennonites so we got two different bedroom furniture. The thing is for Florida a certain airiness in furniture seems nice. I have not been to Family Furniture in Leesburg we went to the Walmart in Leesburg once accidentally and decided not to go into the area again. But this furniture store has such a good website that we will go when we can. They don’t indicate their prices online so it’s hard to say if they are competitive.
I just bought a pre-owned home furnished with American Drew. In the next few months I will be selling on TOTV. Sorry I couldn't share before you needed it. Sometimes you can get a great bargain from for sale by owner.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I'll second that!!!
Old 08-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Angry Facts, Please -- Not Opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
I'll second that!!!

What have you heard about City Furniture and do you know for a fact that it's true?

And if the second post is seconding that comment, is it really fair to say that without some supportive facts???

Neither of these comments is fair to the company without verified facts to support what they are saying.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

To be clear I was not endorsing City Furniture. We have bought some pieces from them and have been satisfied. One recliner we purchased was damaged and they promptly replaced it - no problem. What I was saying was that they furnish the TV models and they have packages available for every model of home. You can make up your own mind if the furniture fits your needs at a fair price. I assume that Babettes also has packages for TV homes but you would have to check that out.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Veteran member

Showcase furniture in Mount Dora is excellent. They have a website. Easy to work with, deliver to the villages, and good prices. Just have one question. Where did you find a Victorian house in TV? Seriously the thrift stores are full.of that style. Seriously buy what you want, but you can get some really nice stuff second hand and a lot of it is that style.
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

Tags
pretty, good, furniture, set, similar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.