Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default We haven't bought anything from City Furniture

But these threads stuck in my mind;

Dont buy from city furniture

Furniture Stores

City furniture

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-09-2019 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

If time and distance is on your side, go to Hickory, North Carolina to the Furniture Market and you will see EVERYTHING, and all on sale.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
If time and distance is on your side, go to Hickory, North Carolina to the Furniture Market and you will see EVERYTHING, and all on sale.
Wow!

Thank you very much, that is exactly what we needed to know! We may have to fly up there and check out the furniture set we are looking for.

Frank
Old 08-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
What have you heard about City Furniture and do you know for a fact that it's true?

And if the second post is seconding that comment, is it really fair to say that without some supportive facts???

Neither of these comments is fair to the company without verified facts to support what they are saying.
MC, go back and read my post slowly. It's not what I HEARD about C/F, it's what I READ about C/F. I'v also spoken to 2 employees who have confirmed my information. BTW, they were both employee's of "Southern Lifestyles" before they closed their doors.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Best info so far-----and I think they deliver.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We furnished our house entirely from City Furniture. We love our furniture and the experience we had. Our budget was lower than yours and our tastes are different so I do not know if they have anything like what you are looking for. City is owned by the same people as Ashley Furniture.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
We furnished our house entirely from City Furniture. We love our furniture and the experience we had. Our budget was lower than yours and our tastes are different so I do not know if they have anything like what you are looking for. City is owned by the same people as Ashley Furniture.
They will sell you Ashley Furniture at inflated Prices, not Ashley Furniture prices. I priced both CF and Showcase and furnished 2 homes - one in 2015 and one in 2017. I got the same stuff from Showcase in Mount Dora for a LOT less, and it was delivered and set up in TV. You don't even have to go there if you don't want, you can order everything off their website if you want. If it is not on the website, send them a picture and the manufacturer and they can usually get it. Disclaimer - I have no interest in ANY furniture store - my advice would be to shop around is all.

Ed
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 08-09-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
MC, go back and read my post slowly. It's not what I HEARD about C/F, it's what I READ about C/F. I'v also spoken to 2 employees who have confirmed my information. BTW, they were both employee's of "Southern Lifestyles" before they closed their doors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Best info so far-----and I think they deliver.

Okay -- I stand (sit) corrected.
We both know that many of the things we read on this site should be taken with a grain of salt and/or ignored.
A few posters have something to say about everything, continually go off on a tangent and frankly, say nothing but some meaningless words.

You are correct about buying furniture in the Carolinas if you have the time to do it.
You would have to be there for a few days to shop and that will cost you but if you know exactly what you want you can call them and get prices without going there.
They all offer delivery, even if it's only through a delivery service and they do charge for that, however, you avoid tax.
Between no tax and a delivery charge, it's sort of a wash.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:31 PM

Last edited by Nonni252; 09-25-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonni252 View Post
You and Velvet piqued my interest in AD Camden Buttermilk so I had to take a look - it's lovely! It's so light and airy and it would be a nice change from my darker woods. I'm probably putting the cart before the horse by shopping for furniture before we've even visited, but I'm enjoying it. Many posters have recommended purchasing new furniture for their TV home rather than moving their current furniture and that seems like a good idea to me.
I have known several people who have paid thousands to move their furniture from the north and within a few months replaced most if not all. The furniture most of us have in the "north" does not fit in all that well down here. We have a home in Missouri and it is furnished totally unlike our home in The Villages - both look nice but when we are in Fl. we like the light painted wood and the pastel colors. American Drew is a North Carolina company and you may follow the advice of some who say you can go to the factory. You can also order it online or buy or order from a local dealer.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:56 AM
Arrow Your Old Comfy Furniture Will Fit Right In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have known several people who have paid thousands to move their furniture from the north and within a few months replaced most if not all. The furniture most of us have in the "north" does not fit in all that well down here. We have a home in Missouri and it is furnished totally unlike our home in The Villages - both look nice but when we are in Fl. we like the light painted wood and the pastel colors. Americanlmps Drew is a North Carolina company and you may follow the advice of some who say you can go to the factory. You can also order it online or buy or order from a local dealer.

All things and opinions being equal, having originally moved to Florida a long time ago, many people who move to Florida do a complete reversal in changing their choice (type) of furnishings are later, sorry they got rid of what they previously had.

Why do some people think you move to Florida and you need a beach look, particularly when it can get into the 30s in the winter and we're nowhere near the coast?

So-called "northern" furniture looks great in Florida. You want a change, do it with flooring, window treatments, rugs, pillows, lamps, and other accessories. Don't get rid of your antiques. Mix them in with your other things for an eclectic look. Some of the things you have had for a long time is what gives your new house a "homey" feeling and a great "new" look.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:10 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

We went through some of the same issues and went to every local furniture store between Gainesville and Orlando. We ended up buying from Indian River Furniture. Not sure if it's in Coco Beach or Melbourne, kind of in the middle between them. Great selection, excellent show room and best prices we found anywhere for very high quality furniture.

Last edited by l2ridehd; 08-10-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have known several people who have paid thousands to move their furniture from the north and within a few months replaced most if not all. The furniture most of us have in the "north" does not fit in all that well down here. We have a home in Missouri and it is furnished totally unlike our home in The Villages - both look nice but when we are in Fl. we like the light painted wood and the pastel colors. American Drew is a North Carolina company and you may follow the advice of some who say you can go to the factory. You can also order it online or buy or order from a local dealer.
I checked out their website and they have several different Collections with different styles and choices. We don't plan on buying a home new from the developer but I'll definitely check out the model homes to see how they're furnished. I love decorating (maybe a little too much according to hubby) so this will be fun!
Old 08-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Sage

City Furniture is the furniture equivalent of Tire Choice--both are known rip-offs--, check them our on line--bad reputations through Fl
Old 08-10-2019, 04:21 PM

Last edited by Nonni252; 09-25-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
pretty, good, furniture, set, similar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.